Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wow, Cramer bought more Mastercard today for actionalerts

"We are making our next buy in Mastercard and continuing our gradual scaling into this position. Shares of this global card network company have pulled back roughly 10% from recent highs, and we find this pullback to be attractive and representing a great long-term buying opportunity.

On a higher level, Mastercard benefits from the ongoing shift away from cash transactions and towards card-based and electronic payments. This a secular trend that was accelerated by the pandemic as consumers spent more time shopping online and using card and electronic payments when in stores to limit contact.

But as much as we love a secular growth story, certain characteristics about Mastercard make this a reopening play too. Mastercard's earnings power has not been able to reach its full potential in the pandemic due to international travel restrictions, which have limited cross-border volume. But those restrictions won't last forever. Once travel restrictions are removed and activity normalizes, we expect Mastercard's earnings power will increase mightily because cross-border activity is a high-margin revenue stream.

We also believe Mastercard makes for a great investment because the company is a very strong generator of cash. Mastercard's ability to generate robust amounts of cash has allowed management to seek acquisitions that increase the company's overall value proposition, while at the same time pay a dividend and buy back stock. In the most recent quarter, Mastercard repurchased 4.6 million shares at a cost of $1.7 billion. As of July 26, Mastercard had $6.4 billion remaining under its current repurchase authorization."
I will add on the next support level down if it drops but I am good for now with a $360 cost basis.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
5 day performance of the recovery list I gave you guys last week:

LVS 14%
MGSE 22
MLCO 17
TCOM 8
WYNN 12
CPA 5
NCLH 9
BKNG 11
RCL 5
H 6
HA 10
UAL 7
LYV 7
MCS 4
TRIP 10

I'm not counting MA because that's a long term hold for me. These are trades. Of the list, some of these have run so hard that they may not go much further, like LYV.

Which of these do you think will give the most alpha going forward? Trying to get a gameplan going for next week.
Thoughts on the winners from this list in the coming weeks? WYNN is the only one I'm in with China exposure.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm starting to believe inflation is lowering. Used car prices have leveled off. At least around here, the wages are down 20% from last month. Last month, a big company was offering 10k to sign and double. Now its 7500 to sign, and the pay is the same. And I have heard they are reneging on the 7500 by people applying.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm starting to believe inflation is lowering. Used car prices have leveled off. At least around here, the wages are down 20% from last month. Last month, a big company was offering 10k to sign and double. Now its 7500 to sign, and the pay is the same. And I have heard they are reneging on the 7500 by people applying.
Texas unemployment went to almost 13% last year, I think a record. It's already down to 6%, and that means everyone on extended benefits will get kicked out of unemployment in a couple weeks. Expect texas unemployment to drop even more soon.

It shouldn't be even 6% with all the places trying to hire people. Only people who don't have jobs are the assholes who don't want them.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The place I am really seeing sticky price inflation is food. Especially shit like meat and poultry. Even soda.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like ROKU long term. Recently beat down 25% from its all time high. It's starting to increase its move into advertising which is smart considering how large its customer base is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck is a Freddo?

Also speaking of inflation, walmart here raised the price of their 1 gallon jug of water from 80c to 98c. Wonder how much of that is due to our water issues though.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck is a Freddo?

Also speaking of inflation, walmart here raised the price of their 1 gallon jug of water from 80c to 98c. Wonder how much of that is due to our water issues though.
It's apparently how they measure inflation in the UK.

CQFwQiCWsAQ9A0h.jpg

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Thought it was a derogatory racist name for guys that whack people with .22's to teach them not to talk.