Investing General Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I bought RH during the pandemic when Scott Galloway's podcast told me to, but I really wish I had bought a lot more.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I think the rumor that the next iPhone will have satellite communication ability is helping. GSAT took off this morning due to that.
It'll have push communication at best. Transmit? Big fucking doubt that iphone will have their phones looking like the bullshit needed for that. The iphone rumor mostly feels like one of those ones that a company lets slip to a terminable intern just to see how people react.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
PayPal exploring stock-trading platform for U.S. users - CNBC
REUTERS 11:57 AM ET 8/30/2021
Symbol Last Price Change
PYPL 286.98up +8.65 (+3.1078%)
QUOTES AS OF 01:20:23 PM ET 08/30/2021
(Reuters) -Shares of PayPal Holdings Inc(PYPL) jumped on Monday after a report that it is exploring ways to let its U.S. customers trade individual stocks on its platform.

The payments company also hired brokerage industry veteran Rich Hagen, CNBC reported, citing two sources familiar with the matter. Hagen is the chief executive officer of Invest at PayPal(PYPL), as well as the co-founder and former president of brokerage Ally Invest, according his LinkedIn page.

PayPal (PYPL) did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment.

PayPal's (PYPL) shares spiked higher and were last up 3%.

Robinhood Markets , whose fee-free smartphone stock trading app is widely used by retail investors, extended an earlier decline and was last down 4.4%.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
JFC

1630349848406.png

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Woah, 3%, I bet your boomer portfolio hasn't seen gains like that since 99 :p

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Elizabeth Warren's net worth is in the millions. I wonder though if her net worth was above $50 million if she would have set that bar higher? Say $100 million. These people are always after someone else's money. Ever heard of capital gains tax you commie bitch? What she is advocating for is an unrealized gains tax which for more reasons than I care to write is complete utter bullshit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Elizabeth Warren's net worth is in the millions. I wonder though if her net worth was above $50 million if she would have set that bar higher? Say $100 million. These people are always after someone else's money. Ever heard of capital gains tax you commie bitch? What she is advocating for is an unrealized gains tax which for more reasons than I care to write is complete utter bullshit.
It would be more akin to negative interest rates unless I miss my guess. Not that I'm against fucking over Wall Street and their on-going strip-mining of main street, (right after I get my money out, of course) but that seems like it would only fuck over the low and mid level guys as the truly rich guys would have 100 ways to get out of it, just like with every other kind of regulation.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I get it. Supposedly, the super rich aren't drawing any income whatsoever. They are borrowing against their stock. So you could theoretically have a Billionaire not paying tax at all. They just pass the taxes onto their estate when they die.

I would say some sort of common sense approach is warranted, but I don't count on government to have common sense.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
My airline stocks sold off badly today, yet I see infectivity rates are half of what they were in states like Florida. So HODLing.

• 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My airline stocks sold off badly today, yet I see infectivity rates are half of what they were in states like Florida. So HODLing.

Hoping to get back into NCLH again myself if it can dip below 25

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>