Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Any vangaurd users who can give me some of their decent etf tickers I can reallocate someone too. They’re 35 yo and have this as their mix. I was like wtf bonds? This is for long term investing but at 35 I think it could be more aggressive. Account is a year old and hasn’t made shit.

If not, no biggy. I can research vanguard’s ETFs I just don’t really want to make an account just to do that, I’m on fidelity.

View attachment 373638

You can google the tickers, dont' need a vanguard account. VFIAX is their SP 500 ETF for example. Can even look them up on marketwatch, yahoo finance, etc

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
MTTR off to the races

or was. up 6% and coming back

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't like bounces that play out this way, there is resistance at SPY 438. We could spend a good part of the day basing below that level. I'm using stops this morning, not too close but I'll take my one day gains if I have to. Puts I sold at $5 yesterday are sub $3 this morning, that is an incredible return for a day and I don't plan on giving it back.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not the best action. Would have ideally seen a bigger pull-in at the open with sellers profit taking from yesterday's buys, then a bounce higher. We're just chopping.

All of my buys are in the green from yesterday though, which is nice. Quite a few at 3-5% gains.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SPIR short squeeze in motion. Up another 22%. The shorts can't find enough shares to close with the non-existent float. Burn fuckers. It just broke $16. Was barely over $8 a few weeks ago when they shorted it to 100%.

Edit - $16.50
Edit - $17.00
Edit - $17.94
Edit - $18.25

I guess I under estimated writing my $16 calls, lol

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
SPIR short squeeze in motion. Up another 22%. The shorts can't find enough shares to close with the non-existent float. Burn fuckers. It just broke $16. Was barely over $8 a few weeks ago when they shorted it to 100%.

Edit - $16.50
Edit - $17.00
Edit - $17.94
Edit - $18.25

I guess I under estimated writing my $16 calls, lol
that would have been juicy to be in on. i got burnt on NOK calls earlier this year and i'm still scarred

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
that would have been juicy to be in on. i got burnt on NOK calls earlier this year and i'm still scarred
I have owned it since it was a SPAC. I like the company. I'm hoping the squeeze eases up before my OCT calls expire. I prefer to keep my shares but won't be upset with about a 70% gain if called.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't like bounces that play out this way, there is resistance at SPY 438. We could spend a good part of the day basing below that level. I'm using stops this morning, not too close but I'll take my one day gains if I have to. Puts I sold at $5 yesterday are sub $3 this morning, that is an incredible return for a day and I don't plan on giving it back.
My stop was hit at 9:41 my large SPY position is now closed. Very happy with the gain for a day but would have liked to have rode them to expiration. Now watching looking for time to put the trade back on.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Big gains on MTTR (thanks Blazin Blazin ), but my Market Buy of MA is continuing to fuck me into oblivion, lol.

The lesson that keeps on teaching... Anyways, I bought MTTR w a limit, so I'm good now right? I'm learning right? Right?

Worry Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My FSKAX investment in my ROTH took a huge shit yesterday. I would've moved it around, but can I do that?

Am I able to buy/sell things within my ROTH and SEP accounts without experiencing a tax event?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My FSKAX investment in my ROTH took a huge shit yesterday. I would've moved it around, but can I do that?

Am I able to buy/sell things within my ROTH and SEP accounts without experiencing a tax event?
nvm.. ROTH is already taxed money. I am confused..

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ROTH accounts are investments where the contribution is already taxed, then in retirement, you can make withdrawals tax-free.

You can buy / sell stocks all day long in that account without any tax implications. You'd only be liable on taxes if you withdraw any funds before retirement age. (Some exceptions)