Investing General Discussion

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
ROTH accounts are investments where the contribution is already taxed, then in retirement, you can make withdrawals tax-free.

You can buy / sell stocks all day long in that account without any tax implications. You'd only be liable on taxes if you withdraw any funds before retirement age. (Some exceptions)

And I'm assuming SEP's fall under the same rules?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So, is the only reason for this LCID run because they are expected to finally get to market by end of year?

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Are we still expecting more bleed tomorrow? What green there is today seems pretty weak to me so far. Things turning back down again wouldn't surprise me at all, the only question is for how long.

We're waiting on what? The Evergrande news (default or bailout) and whether (really when) the US debt ceiling gets raised again? If Xi has the stones I think he does, I think a default is more likely than a bailout. I also think the ceiling increase might get delayed by a few weeks while both sides of the uniparty haggle over details.

So how would the market react to that combination of events? Long slow slide or sharp drop followed by slide? Mostly business as usual?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keep an eye on weed stocks.

BREAKING: House Rules Committee just cleared an NDAA amendment on marijuana banking for a floor vote - expected later this week.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Are Cramer's action alerts long holds or is he both short and long depending on the trade?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like that it dropped to 172, that has been a consistent floor for it for a very long time now. Look at the last 3 months, every one of these dips is 172 on the nose

1632252745651.png

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are Cramer's action alerts long holds or is he both short and long depending on the trade?
Long, but he hints on trades he'd make. Since Friday, he's been telling us to short the market. Just got an email saying to stop shorting. Its worked out well for me, been in the green since then. Hell, I made 4% of my portfolio shorting just yesterday.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I consider the Disney company to be pure evil, as bad or maybe even worse than google. There are some places I won't touch.

• 2Like
  • 1Slow
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LCID started the move with their big # EPA rated mileage rating on a full charge. More than TSLA apparently.

*edit: By no means does this justify the current valuation in my humble opinion.