Investing General Discussion

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I like that it dropped to 172, that has been a consistent floor for it for a very long time now. Look at the last 3 months, every one of these dips is 172 on the nose

View attachment 373717

I had a standing order to buy at 170.1 that I forgot about and it hit. I was not really ready to have that much money tied up in this environment, and by the time I noticed this order went though, it was already back to 172.8 or something, I sold right away. So it did get to at least 170.1 today

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
WYNN looking ugly from a technical perspective.
My thoughts are this. With the entire world shutdown and zero revenue it bottomed at 68 a share. The stuff with China is still just "we plan to do this". It hasn't actually happened yet. LAs Vegas plus all the online betting they are running in the US tells me the share value is good in this range. I think this is oversold based on people just selling it.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I had a standing order to buy at 170.1 that I forgot about and it hit. I was not really ready to have that much money tied up in this environment, and by the time I noticed this order went though, it was already back to 172.8 or something, I sold right away. So it did get to at least 170.1 today
lol, the unintentional day trade.

• 1Truth!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My thoughts are this. With the entire world shutdown and zero revenue it bottomed at 68 a share. The stuff with China is still just "we plan to do this". It hasn't actually happened yet. LAs Vegas plus all the online betting they are running in the US tells me the share value is good in this range. I think this is oversold based on people just selling it.
Don't get me wrong. I am not selling. Just disappointed it gave up this pivot around $80. I only have about 250 shares from $83. Plan is to add another 500 if we get to $70'ish. My time horizon is retirement, as this trade is in my 401k.

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Remember the guy on CNBC yesterday that said a PT of $40? The traders are Halftime said his assumptions were horrible. Something about how he assumed a 25% drop in US revenues and 0 revenues in China. Farmer Jim actually said it looked like he had a PT in mind and then forced his assumptions to fit the argument. Farmer Jim pretty much said at this point we'll have to wait for the next earnings report to come in.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Don't get me wrong. I am not selling. Just disappointed it gave up this pivot around $80. I only have about 250 shares from $83. Plan is to add another 500 if we get to $70'ish. My time horizon is retirement, as this trade is in my 401k.
Yeah i have a running limit order to pop and grab more if it somehow hits 70. We say a few weeks ago what the stock want to do. I am comfortable holding it with an $88 cost basis especially since it fills a hole in my portfolio (Consumer Discretionary).

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My wife has a ubiquity 401k retirement account through Vanguard.

Currently they have her setup in random retirement account (VFFVX) and I'm assuming it's not the best.

Is there a total market vanguard fund I could put her in instead (VTSAX)?

Looks like she has a bunch of "Admiral" funds available (VTSAX) and some Vanguard Target Retirement 2055, 2060, etc. available (VFFVX).

Last edited:

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
My wife has a ubiquity 401k retirement account through Vanguard.

Currently they have her setup in random retirement account (VFFVX) and I'm assuming it's not the best.

Is there a total market vanguard fund I could put her in instead (VTSAX)?

Looks like she has a bunch of "Admiral" funds available (VTSAX) and some Vanguard Target Retirement 2055, 2060, etc. available (VFFVX).
VTSAX is the total market fund in admiral class offered by vanguard fund.

VFIAX is the 500 index fund.

you would always want the admiral class if available of any vanguard fund.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

I took her out of the VFFVX and put her into the VTSAX.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So yesterday was 4% in trading profit, today .1%. I don't know what was the matter with me today. Actually, I do. I shorted 100k of the QQQ last night, and when I woke up, I was down almost 1k. And then I made bad decisions from there.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Haven't we been in a non stop everything rally?

A 5% drop isn't really what I'd call a correction that leads to this thing taking back off.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I made sure my company offered at least one low cost SP500 index for employees. I chose the VFIAX. It is hard to fund something offered that is more employee friendly than that Admiral fund.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Translation?
1632297095199.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
UPS down below the 200 DMA on sypathy drop due to FDX earnings this morning. I have been stalking it and am tempted to grab some in the pre-market but my track record with pre/post market action tends to be really shitty.

edit: Here is the 2 yr chart. I still think its a bit over-priced at the 200-DMA. That 170-180 zone is much better I think but I doubt it can get there without some real market fuckery (like the FED taper talk later today).

1632313559593.png

Last edited: