Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I have a question for everyone. I do the majority of my trading/investing in my IRA as it's my biggest account. I also have a brokerage account that is smaller (under 100k) that I use to park cash for investments and also cash I might need short/mid term.

My question is one of investing choices. What happens is I see a stock (let's say AAPL) and I own a chunk in my IRA. I then shy away from owning it in my Brokerage account because I don't want to go too overweight in a single stock. This leads me to generally using index ETFs in the brokerage. If I see an opportunity pop my first inclination is to invest in it via my IRA and then I am back to not wanting to also have it in the Brokerage for weight issues.

Should I just have a total portfolio weight (combined from all my investment accounts) and use that weighting? I tend to always lean to the IRA as first choice for investing due to tax advantages.

Thoughts?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Massive payday here today. Shonuff Shonuff this is what I was talking about buying support levels, and leave some cash buying power in case of lower support level moves (pyramid sizing). Picking that Cramer arbitrary buy-in day of Wednesday? Yea.. how did that advice help at all?

SPY right into the 50D here right now. Monster recovery. Buying into weakness, selling into strength.
I bought early, I posted yesterday my positions.

JETS has been a profitable trade this AM, after LUV reported covid impacts are declining. $927 in the last hour.

Attachments

• JETS 9-23.JPG
    JETS 9-23.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Convinced bad news is good news in todays market.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keep in mind, we get more JPow speak tomorrow to look forward to.

The Federal Reserve Board will host a virtual Fed Listens event on September 24 at 10:00 a.m. EDT, convening representatives from a range of sectors to share their perspectives on the economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
DAL and NCLH both held their breakout pivots.
These two really found their footing.

NCLH in particular has cleared a longstanding ~26.4 pivot, 100D, and 200D resistances. Short of some new covid dramas / politics / macro market events, this should be back over $30 soon.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
We should do a board guess thread, on what date will the fed balance sheet decline, I'll probably be checking this thread from a Mars space bar next to a girl with three tits before we would see its resolution.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
These two really found their footing.

NCLH in particular has cleared a longstanding ~26.4 pivot, 100D, and 200D resistances. Short of some new covid dramas / politics / macro market events, this should be back over $30 soon.
Rebought it just now.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ouch..

China Evergrande Loses Support of Hong Kong Tycoon Amid Debt Crisis​

Billionaire Joseph Lau’s company says it plans to sell all its shares in the real-estate developer​

A major shareholder in China Evergrande Group EGRNF -12.13% plans to sell all of its stock in the ailing Chinese real-estate developer, potentially incurring losses of more than $1 billion in the process.

Chinese Estates Holdings Ltd. 127 5.50% , which is controlled by Hong Kong billionaire Joseph Lau and his wife, Chan Hoi-wan, said Thursday it had recently pared its stake in Evergrande to about 5.7% from nearly 6.5%, and it was seeking shareholder approval to potentially sell the remainder.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks like I'm probably not going to find a re-entry point with PLTR. Might be time to just cash out my "play" money.
Honestly, just sell put options on it. It's the best of both worlds play. Example... write the $26 put option for 36 cents. If it doesn't go down you keep the money ($36 per contract). If it does go down below $26 you get it at $26 but got an extra 36 cents so cost basis is $25.64.

It's not ideal but pick a strike you would be willing to buy at and sell those puts.

• 1Like