Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We should do a board guess thread, on what date will the fed balance sheet decline, I'll probably be checking this thread from a Mars space bar next to a girl with three tits before we would see its resolution.
Imma gonna pick... never.

The leftists used Coronachan as a way to push MMT and basically we now have so much debt it would be "unfair" to have austerity measures to lower the debt. AOC won.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
If you must sub to a service...ditch Cramer join Fundstrat. The difference is stark. Proof is this correction and the last 20 before it.

MTTR up 25% since low this week. I felt bad for not mentioning it to you guys previously. Now I can let that guilt go.

CLF up 12.5% off the low.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Proof is this correction and the last 20 before it.
I dont wear a neck tie on TV, but my unofficial viewpoint is we may see one or two more shallow hiccups like Friday on the way to a very solid green into the end of the year. Last two weeks of Dec might see selling depending on what the Congress does passing tax reforms and the normal year end selling. Otherwise this train is rolling.

Or... I an totally wrong.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you must sub to a service...ditch Cramer join Fundstrat. The difference is stark. Proof is this correction and the last 20 before it.

MTTR up 25% since low this week. I felt bad for not mentioning it to you guys previously. Now I can let that guilt go.

CLF up 12.5% off the low.
What was the proof? Cramer told us to short the market in this downturn, and then to cover on Monday. I made money during that selloff.

I listen to both Cramer and Tom Lee (but don't sub to Tom Lee). Does Tom Lee do trades, or have a portfolio. Also, isn't Tom Lee's service a bit pricey? I've been with Cramer for two years now, and he's done me right. And I can see every change he's made since he started.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Massive payday here today. Shonuff Shonuff this is what I was talking about buying support levels, and leave some cash buying power in case of lower support level moves (pyramid sizing). Picking that Cramer arbitrary buy-in day of Wednesday? Yea.. how did that advice help at all?

SPY right into the 50D here right now. Monster recovery. Buying into weakness, selling into strength.
To be fair, he did get the timing of the selloff almost perfect, telling us to short the market, told us to cover on Tuesday and then start buying again that same day. He said the oscillator changed early.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
What was the proof? Cramer told us to short the market in this downturn, and then to cover on Monday. I made money during that selloff.

I listen to both Cramer and Tom Lee (but don't sub to Tom Lee). Does Tom Lee do trades, or have a portfolio. Also, isn't Tom Lee's service a bit pricey? I've been with Cramer for two years now, and he's done me right. And I can see every change he's made since he started.
If you're happy and find value there is nothing to discuss, not worth my time to delve into deeper if that is your take away from that. Do what works for you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
To be fair, he did get the timing of the selloff almost perfect, telling us to short the market, told us to cover on Tuesday and then start buying again that same day. He said the oscillator changed early.
I got the bottom within a few basis points and minutes. If you consider Cramer's call near perfect then you just define these things differently. Cramer is just an emotional train wreck so market was red and he got panicky , it turns green he gets a hard on. You keep saying you have learned the incredible value of separating emotions from trading but somehow Cramer strikes you as a person who has that down? Cramer has his emotions on his sleeve, he speaks from emotion. I honestly am amazed that you don't see that.

Now look at tom lee, it couple be a 10% up day or a 10% down day and he sits there like a lump just clearly stating his view.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
If you're happy and find value there is nothing to discuss, not worth my time to delve into deeper if that is your take away from that. Do what works for you.
I'd be very curious as to a breakdown between the 2 and why one is superior to the other and in what aspects.

Assuming you had the time of course :)

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'd be very curious as to a breakdown between the 2 and why one is superior to the other and in what aspects.

Assuming you had the time of course :)
Well see above. The two are polar opposites of what I have discussed about how human emotion effects trading. Cramer is best suited to long term investing, studying companies and people and investing in them. He is way too susceptible to not only his emotions but the mood around him when it comes to day to day fluctuations. Watch as he waffles on various companies as he gauges the mood. "energy is uninvestable! Buy Chevron!" Cramer is all over the place and he draws in rookies, and rookies are the people he will burn the most. He is actually not bad to listen to if you understand him , not to follow his advice but because he is such an emotional sponge he is a good read of the "mood on the street"

Tom Lee is an analyst through and through, he hires analyst. He is often the contrarian view in the media because he knows to not let the flavor of the day stories distract from macro trends. So people are always flabbergasted by him, "Why aren't you scared!" He sits there with that little shit eating smirk because he understands how things actually work.

Both men are extremely knowledgeable, one has the tools for out performance the other doesn't. Cramer won't be horrible though as he is predominantly an optimist he knows to default to up and to the right. And that means he'll still be on the right side of the trade often enough. He is more likely of the two that will cause followers to feed on emotions they shouldn't be and make choices that will hurt their performance in the long run.

• 3Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I got the bottom within a few basis points and minutes. If you consider Cramer's call near perfect then you just define these things differently. Cramer is just an emotional train wreck so market was red and he got panicky , it turns green he gets a hard on. You keep saying you have learned the incredible value of separating emotions from trading but somehow Cramer strikes you as a person who has that down? Cramer has his emotions on his sleeve, he speaks from emotion. I honestly am amazed that you don't see that.

Now look at tom lee, it couple be a 10% up day or a 10% down day and he sits there like a lump just clearly stating his view.
Yet, him telling me to short the market paid for his service for eight months, in the span of one day of trading this past week.

Don't get me wrong, I like Tom Lee...I may try our his service for a month.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Sorry for the spam but now that I started this, do my best to actually explain and not just chuckle like a dick. Perspective is important. Shonuff says I've been using him for two years and he has done me right. Okay but for the better part of that two years the market has gone up in about a straight of a line as you'll ever see. Little to no pullbacks a couple shallow corrections. Almost 100% of stocks are up strongly over the period. There is nobody following any service right now who is that upset unless they were bears saying to sell. I've have listened to cramer for a hell of a lot longer than 2 years and I've been doing this for decades. So at times in a short window what I'm saying may not be clear due to my own failure to communicate, these are not bold proclamations, look at what I'm trying to communicate then feel free to ignore for a few years then come back with more time on the belt and maybe understand it in a new way.

I don't believe cramer would even disagree with what I'm saying here about him. The idea you think he even wants you shorting on friday and covering monday is a total miss of the mark. If you had cramer as a boss you'd have to learn that any time he came in all excited telling you to redecorate the office, you'd have to make a sticky note and after three days check with him and say hey boss you still want me to get those hippo's? And you'll find that many of his directives (moods) don't survive the waiting period.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well see above. The two are polar opposites of what I have discussed about how human emotion effects trading. Cramer is best suited to long term investing, studying companies and people and investing in them. He is way too susceptible to not only his emotions but the mood around him when it comes to day to day fluctuations. Watch as he waffles on various companies as he gauges the mood. "energy is uninvestable! Buy Chevron!" Cramer is all over the place and he draws in rookies, and rookies are the people he will burn the most. He is actually not bad to listen to if you understand him , not to follow his advice but because he is such an emotional sponge he is a good read of the "mood on the street"

Tom Lee is an analyst through and through, he hires analyst. He is often the contrarian view in the media because he knows to not let the flavor of the day stories distract from macro trends. So people are always flabbergasted by him, "Why aren't you scared!" He sits there with that little shit eating smirk because he understands how things actually work.

Both men are extremely knowledgeable, one has the tools for out performance the other doesn't. Cramer won't be horrible though as he is predominantly an optimist he knows to default to up and to the right. And that means he'll still be on the right side of the trade often enough. He is more likely of the two that will cause followers to feed on emotions they shouldn't be and make choices that will hurt their performance in the long run.
Are you talking about the show? Its almost entirely different from actionalerts. He does have an Analyst also. He also has access to the CEOs on a different level, which is why he'll drop you a tip on AMD and then it goes up 20 points.

His actionalerts is the opposite of the show. He doesn't buy or sell on emotion, just rigor. And in this last selloff, he recommended four stocks to buy when everyone else is panicking.

Cramer also has code words in his updates for trades, and they pay off. I've made 6-8k on his tips the last 60 days.

I'm looking at Tom Lee's site now, I am definitely open to new ideas.

• 2Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I dont wear a neck tie on TV, but my unofficial viewpoint is we may see one or two more shallow hiccups like Friday on the way to a very solid green into the end of the year. Last two weeks of Dec might see selling depending on what the Congress does passing tax reforms and the normal year end selling. Otherwise this train is rolling.

Or... I an totally wrong.

You wear a bowtie on TV?

• 1Rimshot

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sorry for the spam but now that I started this, do my best to actually explain and not just chuckle like a dick. Perspective is important. Shonuff says I've been using him for two years and he has done me right. Okay but for the better part of that two years the market has gone up in about a straight of a line as you'll ever see. Little to no pullbacks a couple shallow corrections. Almost 100% of stocks are up strongly over the period. There is nobody following any service right now who is that upset unless they were bears saying to sell. I've have listened to cramer for a hell of a lot longer than 2 years and I've been doing this for decades. So at times in a short window what I'm saying may not be clear due to my own failure to communicate, these are not bold proclamations, look at what I'm trying to communicate then feel free to ignore for a few years then come back with more time on the belt and maybe understand it in a new way.

I don't believe cramer would even disagree with what I'm saying here about him. The idea you think he even wants you shorting on friday and covering monday is a total miss of the mark. If you had cramer as a boss you'd have to learn that any time he came in all excited telling you to redecorate the office, you'd have to make a sticky note and after three days check with him and say hey boss you still want me to get those hippo's? And you'll find that many of his directives (moods) don't survive the waiting period.
You aren't making any sense. Have you even subscribed to actionalerts, or are you just watching his TV persona? They aren't the same. If you subbed to his service, tell me how many changes he's made this month, and then tell me he goes off of emotion.

Enough with the dick waving, no one said I have just two years in the market, I said I had two years in his service. I traded in the dotcom era, I'm old.

Why would I cancel Cramer when he's making me money on trades? That's the goal. I assure you, I am perfectly capable of counting my money.

Last edited:

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Blazin, go back, look at my post history, and you'll see that the two people I quote the most are Cramer and Lee. Not throwing one out over the other.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
No way for me to respond without coming off in a way I don't intend. So this is my response of I hear you I'm not ignoring you but would rather not pursue it any further. I already said if you are happy and its working then you don't need to get into it any further. It's my bad for bringing it up in way that seemed like a slight on cramer was a slight on you. I assume you want to someday be me when it comes to trading amounts and success, so just like cramer if something I say helps you get there then adopt it , if you disagree then it ignore. All of us will follow a unique path and not everyone will end up at the same destination.

• 2Like