1638549547804.png

• 1Picard
  • 1Jonesing
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There are close to 5,000 publicly traded American companies. Don't bottom feed the trash looking for the next AMC or GME. If I were you and starting out, I would spend weeks researching companies and make a list of 10 or 20 companies you want to own for the rest of your life. Once you have that list, post it hear and some nice folks might give you opinions and maybe some possible entry points. I would also go back to say Feb of 2020 in this thread and start reading. There is probably a bachelor's degree of knowledge in here for investing.
Agree. This thread is gold. I’ve done some research and videos outside of here but the majority of my knowledge is from this forum. People irl come to me for advice now, newcomers and older people, and have thanked me for helping them pick ETFs/companies and explaining what they’re doing in a way they can understand.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
my 20 dollar mttr average on monday

1638550086751.jpeg

my 20 dollar mttr average today

1638550184246.png

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Nothing that surprising from DOCU CEO he didnt try to pump it, explain he thinks issues are behind them and they are going to focus on growth via expansion into new markets. They have shown companies how there is a profit to switching their company over to full digital signing, people think of the obvious industries like real estate and law firms that where the source of the original growth but every mid cap and up firm out there is a potential client. First mover advantage is only an advantage if you strike.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Might be a good spot to load up on some Lucid if you like the company or the EV space. It's been bouncing between mid $40's and high $50's for awhile now.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
inb4 DOCU is branching into bitcoin mining.

Long running joke in small caps, whenever a company hits rock bottom they come out with some crypto mining venture to salvage the stock price before another offering.

• 1Rimshot

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Those of us doing the simple swing trades is still a form of gambling, it just has a lower risk than what you’ve been doing with shorting. Most people seem to research market sentiment around a company and the underlying technicals of a company as well, which you don’t seem to take into account. Doing that type of research lowers your risk.

If I buy Nvidia today with the intent to sell it in a month, I’m risking that it could go down and I’d have to hold on to it a little longer. That’s risky but not too bad because I know Nvidia is sticking around, I know sentiment on them is high right now, and I know that if I do need to hold onto it longer than a month it’s not a big deal, it’ll eventually turn a profit.

You can’t go into trading thinking you’re going to double your money each week by taking huge risks on no name companies that if you get stuck with will never recover. You’re going to go broke doing that, which I think you’ve been personally experiencing the past few months. Start buying dips on solid names, if you want to turn it back into cash, flip it when the dip you bought recovers. Or just hold it cause it’s a solid company. Learn to read moving averages. Learn what support and resistance are so you know when to buy a dip or not.

I’m by no means an expert, I don’t dabble in anything other than simple swing trades and long term investing but understanding what you’re risking and how risky it is is pretty important. You’re trying to be a Jysin Jysin when you’re clearly a Rajaah Rajaah

:)

What happens with me is, I buy things, they immediately dive, I wait around a while sitting at -20%, after a month or two I get tired of sitting on a particular investment that's always red so as soon as it's back above where I bought in, I sell and make 2-5% or whatever. Then I miss out on the huge gains that follow because I sold too soon. I'm sure all of this is avoidable, probably by only buying things when they're crashed. I generally end up in the green overall but it's a lot of wasted time sitting in things that are dipped.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Might be a good spot to load up on some Lucid if you like the company or the EV space. It's been bouncing between mid $40's and high $50's for awhile now.

I've been eyeing Lucid and Palantir for swing-trading for this very reason. Also both are fairly "safe" in the current environment. I might try it at some point, not sure.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What happens with me is, I buy things, they immediately dive, I wait around a while sitting at -20%, after a month or two I get tired of sitting on a particular investment that's always red so as soon as it's back above where I bought in, I sell and make 2-5% or whatever. Then I miss out on the huge gains that follow because I sold too soon. I'm sure all of this is avoidable, probably by only buying things when they're crashed. I generally end up in the green overall but it's a lot of wasted time sitting in things that are dipped.
This happened to me with PLTR. Several times.

Thought it was going back up when it hit $23. Bought back in.

Nope, it's down almost 7% just today, and 30% in the last month.

Think the easy money market shit may be over finally.

• 1Like