Investing General Discussion

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What happens with me is, I buy things, they immediately dive, I wait around a while sitting at -20%, after a month or two I get tired of sitting on a particular investment that's always red so as soon as it's back above where I bought in, I sell and make 2-5% or whatever. Then I miss out on the huge gains that follow because I sold too soon. I'm sure all of this is avoidable, probably by only buying things when they're crashed. I generally end up in the green overall but it's a lot of wasted time sitting in things that are dipped.
I feel you. My biggest mistakes were doing exactly that. Nvidia, amd, clsk, cat, jpm. I sat on them so long and they did nothing and I got tired of it and sold right before they rocketed to the moon. Clsk I would have been up 1300% if I could have just waited another six months.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've been eyeing Lucid and Palantir for swing-trading for this very reason. Also both are fairly "safe" in the current environment. I might try it at some point, not sure.
I was wondering why PLTR was taking such a shit. Thanks a lot man.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Think the easy money market shit may be over finally.
Definitely this, doesn't mean some stuff won't see some large bounces but people waiting for more crazy valuations may be disappointed for awhile. May finally be boomer stock time for a bit.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What about LCID looks safe to you guys? Its only been trading at these levels for a month. It can drop to <30$ within a couple days at this rate

1638551718895.png

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
Nothing that surprising from DOCU CEO he didnt try to pump it, explain he thinks issues are behind them and they are going to focus on growth via expansion into new markets. They have shown companies how there is a profit to switching their company over to full digital signing, people think of the obvious industries like real estate and law firms that where the source of the original growth but every mid cap and up firm out there is a potential client. First mover advantage is only an advantage if you strike.
Fucker should have been pumping.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
inb4 DOCU is branching into bitcoin mining.

Long running joke in small caps, whenever a company hits rock bottom they come out with some crypto mining venture to salvage the stock price before another offering.
I like your thinking. DOCU-COIN.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bookmap showing that S&P500 support (SPY 450) I was mentioning. This is the bull / bear line in the sand for today. Essentially have double bottomed this today and earlier in the week. We could continue the bounce from here, or get some more covid news to spook a gap down Monday. Macro awareness.

(Big red horizontal line shows the order book. This is basically a visual representation of the level2.

spy.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Speaking of LCID, bastards don't want it to drop below 44.80 today, I want my tendies damn it!

1638552456185.png

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Just be careful everyone, in the short term the character of the market is showing change. High flying names are unlikely to just head back to their highs. This is not just fear it's a re rating so be careful what you buy and don't over expose yourself to individual names because you keep doubling down. For long term investing there may be some opportunities to invest in the survivors.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users