Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A little TSLA perspective. The stock is still trading at $5,000 a share pre-split price...

1638799065167.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don’t do crypto, because it’s not my thing- but now I understand the meme about Rajaah Rajaah being the kiss of death.

That stock is proper fucked.
The funny thing about projections is that they are... projections. Lawsuits, SEC investigations, multi-billion dollar settlements without "admitting wrongdoing", stock price manipulations via social media and "analysts" are just part of playing the investing sandbox on a daily basis. Welcome to the party.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't take this as any covid positive news. Just acceptance that they are trying to close the barn door after the horse had already bolted. They know it is already in community-wide transmission in Europe. The travel restrictions are pointless now.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't take this as any covid positive news. Just acceptance that they are trying to close the barn door after the horse had already bolted. They know it is already in community-wide transmission in Europe. The travel restrictions are pointless now.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Twitter is below its IPO price and someone will almost certainly try to acquire it in the next 9 months.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fairly sure I explained this before. The biggest risk of Omicron is that the infectivity, however benign, will likely hit more than any other peak. There is always risk of further mutations / variants with any infection, but when the whole planet is spiking cases at once the mutations will explode also. Purely a numbers game. Out of Omicron will likely be many further variants in a very short span of time. The question is if any of those become more deadly.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DIDI

I made some money on some options with DID but got lucky it was just an in and out move. For everyone here who lkes ot chase the name of the week, this is an example of the ugliness that can bite you in the ass.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Twitter flirted with an all time low of ~$14 for nearly 2 years back in 2016/17. This price action is nothing now.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fairly sure I explained this before. The biggest risk of Omicron is that the infectivity, however benign, will likely hit more than any other peak. There is always risk of further mutations / variants with any infection, but when the whole planet is spiking cases at once the mutations will explode also. Purely a numbers game. Out of Omicron will likely be many further variants in a very short span of time. The question is if any of those become more deadly.
From an investing perspective, none of this really matters. The media and government narrative and spin are the short term shocks that we will be dealing with.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dont be surprised to see TSLA go green today. Rumors they are adapting the TSLA app to allow for various changes of vehicle control via the app. Rumor is this is to facilitate a car swapping/rental move.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From an investing perspective, none of this really matters. The media and government narrative and spin are the short term shocks that we will be dealing with.
Which I also pointed out to Shonuff nearly a month ago. My bailing on travel plays in early Nov wasnt based on Omicron hard facts. It was knowing full well how the media and emotional investors would react to it. Here we are nearly 20%+ wiped off of some of those names since.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I would say that the biggest risk of Omicron is that the symptoms appear mild at first but it attacks the immune system long term because of some mutation it picked up from an AIDS patient in Africa.

That is an insane outside risk but technically a thing that could happen.

• 1Picard