Investing General Discussion

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Someone tell me when the bottom is in, I'm ready to buy.

I hope so. My performance updated since we are in a new month, and for the first time I'm officially in the hole for the year, down 8 percent overall. When I look at that graph and see all the peaks I could have sold in....... grrrrrr

• 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

um guys?
Ambulance chasers of the financial world.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I get countless lawsuit notification emails / mail from stocks I trade over the course of a year. As Big P said, there are firms that solely just look to file class action suits and hope to bank on it. Ambulance chasers indeed.

• 4Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

um guys?
You obviously haven't spent time in SPAC world. I don't think I have owned a SPAC that hasn't had some shyster lawfirm trying to drum up a class action suit for some reason.

• 4Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

Screenshot 2021-12-05 at 19-26-40 CBI revises next year’s economic growth forecast down to 5 1%.png

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Everything I buy gets sued apparently. I get them often for stocks, insurance, and often firearms for some "defect". The best was reading about people complain about the Starkist Tuna class action suit and they got $1 or some such lol.

Dad sent one in for a Remington 870 shotgun probably 30+ years ago for a barrel problem. He got paid $11 or something, and gave me the shotgun lol.

Not even going to put any faith in those forecast until they start cutting them in half.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Everything I buy gets sued apparently. I get them often for stocks, insurance, and often firearms for some "defect". The best was reading about people complain about the Starkist Tuna class action suit and they got $1 or some such lol.

Dad sent one in for a Remington 870 shotgun probably 30+ years ago for a barrel problem. He got paid $11 or something, and gave me the shotgun lol.

Not even going to put any faith in those forecast until they start cutting them in half.
The lawyers didn't get $1 and the company didn't only have to pay $1. I know the end consumer doesn't get paid much on those deals, but the company is punished the law firms all make money, which is the point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yes, Thiel.
I agree the Roth change sucks, but at the same time it was necessary because of jerkoffs like Thiel, so we all knew this was coming. There’s probably a sensible spot in the middle, where the rich can’t turbo abuse it for crazy money. Maybe something like a cap on withdrawals per year at the max income to contribute +50%. Anything still in it when you die goes out to kids as taxable income. Thatd make it very good for most people, but a minor benefit for the extremely wealthy.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TSLA <$1k premarket. MTTR down another 5% premarket. LCID down 15% pre.

Overall, seeing a continued selling of the high growth, ultra high PE stocks. Boomer stocks continuing relative strength.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just hit the wire. Tesla also being investigated by the SEC over claims about their solar panels.

Last edited:
  • 1Like