Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Since no one is touching this one, I'll chime in. Previously, @Blazin said he wouldn't add above the 50 day SMA of 22.50ish.

As it tests that level, my joke about BTFD is becoming more and more real. We'll see if I put my money where my mouth is, or bitch out :emoji_upside_down:
The Jan $20 strike puts are selling for about $2.50
That would be a $17.50 cost basis if you wrote them and are assigned. Tasty premium in the pocket if you aren't assignd.

• 2Tendies
Reactions: 1 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
The Jan $20 strike puts are selling for about $2.50
That would be a $17.50 cost basis if you wrote them and are assigned. Tasty premium in the pocket if you aren't assignd.

That's some big brain shit right there brother. I'm in a bit of a holding pattern for right now- just watching and learning.

Definitely a worthy consideration when I am back to making moves though.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
I think you can Short in premarket and AH, and shorting is separate from a call / put option I think? (I'm learning too.)

If you're learning, then don't learn from anything I post lol. I am definitely retarded, and nothing I post is financial advice.

Options do not trade AH, at least not in the piss ass accounts I am managing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
MTTR just bounced off the 50D SMA
I'll take a look at what it does tomorrow. It still might be worth a stretch at the ~23 or so it's at now. It did hit 36 just a few days ago, after all...

It's starting to shape up like the proverbial winter Oregon weather: you don't like the price, just wait 1 day, it's going to be a lot different!

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's broken the downtrend and consolidated today, so chances of a larger move down are lower, and the 50 MA is currently acting as support

1638828294863.png

• 2Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Having never gotten to experience that particular event, how does it go?

They let you know 7 days in advance how much over your margin requirement you are, and that number fluctuates each night (and can disappear if stonks go up). The day they are due, they can and will just go into your account and start liquidate shit at seemingly random at anytime after market opens. I try to beat them to the punch and pick my own poison to sell soon after market open on my due day, but sometimes I get the amounts wrong because each stock is "weighted" differently for margin requirement based on how risky it is. So for example , I'll have a margin call due for 10,000 so I go in and go hmmmm. ok let me sell 10,000 worth of stock X and I think I'm done. Then later that day I noticed 5,000 of stock Z has been sold and then I know I fucked up the true margin requirement because I did not go into the margin calculator and enter the transaction myself to see if it wipes out the margin requirement.

Anyways, I get myself into these because I keep "buying the dip" and well I go in to hard and too fast and the dip keeps dipping and then I spend 7 days praying markets recover before the margin call comes due......

Do not recommend my path to anyone.....

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I've been very high risk and high reward type of an investor since joining you all as a active investor thanks to china flu. I need to tone it down.

But you all got me REALLY wanting to buy this MTTR dip........

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Green days are usually followed by red so you might get that chance tomorrow

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I've been very high risk and high reward type of GAMBLER since joining you all as a active GAMBLER thanks to china flu. I need to tone it down.

But you all got me REALLY wanting to buy this MTTR dip........

FTFY

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

Yes, and you all have to admit last year was a hell of a time to get risky and overleveraged. I just outstayed that phase and this time (for real lol) I'm ready to transition to more traditional investor.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yes, and you all have to admit last year was a hell of a time to get risky and overleveraged. I just outstayed that phase and this time (for real lol) I'm ready to transition to more traditional investor.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

• 2Worf