Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Sheeeet, after looking at the markets I don't feel bad anymore about spending an extra quarter to upgrade to a bottle of smart water over aquafina at the gas station. Did the fed print another trillion or something?
Nah, it's the movement down that was "fake". Negative hoax flu news is just an easy way to shake people out of their positions.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Sheeeet, after looking at the markets I don't feel bad anymore about spending an extra quarter to upgrade to a bottle of smart water over aquafina at the gas station. Did the fed print another trillion or something?
something something china bailing out Evergrande, Omnicron not serious oh and santa rally.

I wonder how the market will react to a serious curve ball and not some idiocy like Omnicron.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It touched $55 today. No one knows how "good" mobileye actually is. Its EV so it will sell for insane money to someone or investors if they spin it off as a public company. Maybe sell half for profit and let the other half ride and hope Mobileye drives it higher?

View attachment 386527
I kinda wanna sell all my Intel and put it in Twitter and hope it gets acquired.

EDIT: Blah, no, I don't want another major taxable event this year if I can avoid it.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have been doing SKYRA water from Iceland. Its like the poor man's Fiji water.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I kinda wanna sell all my Intel and put it in Twitter and hope it gets acquired.

EDIT: Blah, no, I don't want another major taxable event this year if I can avoid it.
You can sell January covered calls on the INTC stock. If it gets assigned its a 2022 tax event.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I'm not sure your assumption is correct. I have not seen any breakdown of how that R&D is spent so we are left to speculate but I think what they are working on is much broader than hoax flu, lots of cancer drug developments.
I didnt mean to imply "all" the extra 5 billion was hoax flu. I just saw that as a monster jump over the previous years which had been consistent in the 9-10B range.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I didnt mean to imply "all" the extra 5 billion was hoax flu. I just saw that as a monster jump over the previous years which had been consistent in the 9-10B range.
Do federal covid grants to corps count as income? Because if they do, you know that increase in research is just tax avoidance.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1638892237684.png

No sign of stopping.

• 1WTF
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I need to make a dummy here at the house dress it up with a verizon hat and shirt so I can occasionally kick it when the mood strikes me.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I need to make a dummy here at the house dress it up with a verizon hat and shirt so I can occasionally kick it when the mood strikes me.
I "almost" bit the bullet and dumped my T and VZ this morning. -1.5% later I am kicking myself.

• 2Diamond Hands

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just say this nugget. Here is why the telcos are getting hammered...

• 2WTF

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My exact throughts. Apple warned both of chip supply issues as well as decreased iPhone 13 demand.

It has shown nothing but strength since. Clown world.
Its all about their China bribe that got announce this morning

1638894571406.png