Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Today is the type of day where your portfolio is telling you who your strong herd members are and who the weak ones are that should probably be culled.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am still a bit baffled in some names.

F has been moving like some new high PE growth stock. Up another >7% today.

AAPL has had big inflows recently, despite recently reporting that chip shortages are affecting their lineup. Days later they also announce reduced iPhone 13 demand. Then just a day or two ago one of their suppliers says production has been halted the first time since.. forever. Meanwhile, AAPL just breaking new 52wk highs day after day.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am still a bit baffled in some names.

F has been moving like some new high PE growth stock. Up another >7% today.

AAPL has had big inflows recently, despite recently reporting that chip shortages are affecting their lineup. Days later they also announce reduced iPhone 13 demand. Then just a day or two ago one of their suppliers says production has been halted the first time since.. forever. Meanwhile, AAPL just breaking new 52wk highs day after day.
I know people who are flat out in the mindset of buy AAPL on every dip. Period. That stock has a following every bit as as strong as TSLA. I think F is benefiting greatly from its RIVN stake.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I know people who are flat out in the mindset of buy AAPL on every dip. Period. That stock has a following every bit as as strong as TSLA. I think F is benefiting greatly from its RIVN stake.
Didn’t F sell their stake? Or just announced the dev partnership wasn’t going to happen? They also stopped taking preorders for the F150 EV, 200k is enough apparently.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This has probably been the most stable MTTR has been in awhile, but the daily and 5 day chart is still in a downtrend FYI

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I set a bunch of conditional sell orders for the close. If we dump I am either taking profits on some of my swing trades that have done well and/or dumping out of some bad trades and limiting further losses.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Didn’t F sell their stake? Or just announced the dev partnership wasn’t going to happen? They also stopped taking preorders for the F150 EV, 200k is enough apparently.
I did not see it, but they might have. I stopped following it too closely after I sold my stake a while back.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I set a bunch of conditional sell orders for the close. If we dump I am either taking profits on some of my swing trades that have done well and/or dumping out of some bad trades and limiting further losses.
That didnt take long. Stopped out of CI at $215. My second time swing trading it. 10% profits in about a month.

Stopped out of LMT - Broke even on the trade.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Picked up UAL and PYPAL.
And up almost another 2% today. Absolutely insane. Some people say its pretty much all due to options manipulations.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Picked up UAL and PYPAL.

And up almost another 2% today. Absolutely insane. Some people say its pretty much all due to options manipulations.
I read that recently 70% of options volume is now retail traders/investors, options is certainly becoming more popular

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Last time I was in publix their end cap freezer (the most visible and in demand space) only had a single layer of product spread out across to make it look full. If you took one item out you saw clear to the back of the freezer.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I couldn't find the hashbrowns I wanted the other day so I had to pick from one of the other 6 kinds, or just go to Trader Joe's...

I still think this is corporations using the media to justify price hikes and get people to overbuy and hoard stuff at the inflated prices, by constantly talking about shortages.

Even gas. Near me it's $3.65. 15 miles from me, it's under $3.20. Same state, same taxes. Just gouging things.

• 1Imbecile

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Curious where we go from here, apple will undoubtedly hit the (182)3t cap just because it's a thing.

Where does everyone go with their profits?

Are the mcdonalds, home depots of the world the higher interest rate utopia that kevin o'leary thinks they are? Im not really sure "higher interest rates" even mean anything, i cant really see rates going to 20% like they were in the 80s like the talking heads like to talk about in this environment.

Is tech still just going to keep chugging along? They are the ones that are going to innovate, certainly not fuckin mcdonalds.

Sometimes this thread puts me back on page 1 in 2016 and its pretty funny to hear about facebook trading in the low 100s and the scepticism of its valuation... And look at it now.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Curious where we go from here, apple will undoubtedly hit the (182)3t cap just because it's a thing.

Are the mcdonalds, home depots of the world the higher interest rate utopia that kevin o'leary thinks they are? Im not really sure "higher interest rates" even mean anything, i cant really see rates going to 20% like they were in the 80s like the talking heads like to talk about in this environment.

Is tech still just going to keep chugging along? They are the ones that are going to innovate, certainly not fuckin mcdonalds.

Sometimes this thread puts me back on page 1 in 2016 and its pretty funny to hear about facebook trading in the low 100s and the scepticism of its valuation... And look at it now.

What happens to an economy driven by consumerism, as opposed to manufacturing, when you can no longer buy things?

Isn't our GDP like 70%+ consumer spending?

Inflation is going to hit us very hard.

TLDR; maybe go with

Screenshot 2021-12-11 at 12-05-10 Biggest Defense Companies in the Stock Market The Motley Fool.png

We are going to need a war to get going again.

Last edited:

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
What happens to an economy driven by consumerism, as opposed to manufacturing, when you can no longer buy things?

TLDR; maybe go with

View attachment 387346

Only solace is that China will face the same amount of pain if not worse. How much of their GDP is dependent on US buying their exports?

Not only that but they have 2 generations of people whose entire life savings is in a housing economy about to explode worse than what we saw in 2008.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

mcdonalds boggles my mind - I pay like 8 bucks for a dqp with cheese now, and I still pay it once every few weeks cause I love em and I do well so the money doesn't really matter. But every time I drive by a mcdonalds it's got 10 cars lined up and a full fucking parking lot.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
mcdonalds boggles my mind - I pay like 8 bucks for a dqp with cheese now, and I still pay it once every few weeks cause I love em and I do well so the money doesn't really matter. But every time I drive by a mcdonalds it's got 10 cars lined up and a full fucking parking lot.

Did you mean to say Chick-Fil-A?

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

TLDR; maybe go with

View attachment 387346

Except all a war is is deficit spending. It's not the colonial era where we plunder a country's natural resources and come out ahead.

We're not lacking in deficit spending, it's why we're as deep in the hole as we are now. The lesson the Fed learned from the 2000's wars was that we can print money into our own oblivion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users