Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sold 8 countracts as it caught heavy bullish volume near the end. Holding 2 overnight as Yolos

• 1Tendies
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Dow trolled into the close;

1639084025618.png

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Healthcare stocks made my day not totally blow. Missing DOCU order hurt, but the fact it got that high tells me it will keep moving upward. Patience.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can also look at advance to decline ratios. Pretty out of whack as of late.

Could Cramer be any more detached from reality?

Strange, because this feels like the worst economy of my lifetime. Definitely worse than the tech crash, and I think because of the inflation and long duration, worse than the Great Recession.

Take the stock market out of it and nothing looks like it's going well. Heck, just the fact that grocery stores are running out of items makes this worse than 2008 to me.

• 2Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Strangely, travel names I watch (DAL / NCLH) held basically flat the last few hours while markets sold.

Between CPI numbers and the closing selling. Think we get a gap down tomorrow. Being Friday, could be fun !

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Strange, because this feels like the worst economy of my lifetime. Definitely worse than the tech crash, and I think because of the inflation and long duration, worse than the Great Recession.

Take the stock market out of it and nothing looks like it's going well. Heck, just the fact that grocery stores are running out of items makes this worse than 2008 to me.
your house is worth 20-50% more as opposed to the opposite, so you get to pay more personal property tax. you got that going for you.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
it's not healthy when people want to buy and build things, but there's no widgets to buy and no materials / labor to build with?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
LULU didn't dump on earnings, gonna take a loss on this put. At least it didn't spike either so I'll probably be down 20-40%

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

You're buying into the media's bullshit. I've yet to see a single grocery store that's short of anything.

• 2Picard
  • 1WTF

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You're buying into the media's bullshit. I've yet to see a single grocery store that's short of anything.
Do you actually go to the grocery store? The only way your statement makes sense is if you just don’t go so technically you never do see it.

There have been shortages of various shit at every store we’ve gone to for over a year. We shop at three different grocery stores regularly, and more than that in the past year and a half due to stores just not having all the items we need now. The amount short and the item has varied wildly but there’s shortages. Some items no store had, like Gatorade. Usually if one is short a specific item then they all are, but that did vary. We went from every single item at every store being stocked all the time to random bare sections all the time. This is using my own eyeballs and listening to the neighbors and coworkers talk about which items they couldn’t find over the last year and a half, not media.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been the same here in the UK Hateyou Hateyou

Just sporaic stock / lack of at any given time and of completely random items. Nothing at all drastic and whatever you don't see this time around, you're likely to see it in stock the next trip around.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Same for me, publix has had hard 1 item limits on paper products for months, tons of restrictions back in Thanksgiving time so they dont get completely wiped out.

Wife mainly shops but i was shocked the few times ive went to stores recently that still has sections completely empty.