Investing General Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Do you actually go to the grocery store? The only way your statement makes sense is if you just don’t go so technically you never do see it.

There have been shortages of various shit at every store we’ve gone to for over a year. We shop at three different grocery stores regularly, and more than that in the past year and a half due to stores just not having all the items we need now. The amount short and the item has varied wildly but there’s shortages. Some items no store had, like Gatorade. Usually if one is short a specific item then they all are, but that did vary. We went from every single item at every store being stocked all the time to random bare sections all the time. This is using my own eyeballs and listening to the neighbors and coworkers talk about which items they couldn’t find over the last year and a half, not media.
Yes, I do grocery shopping for every single aging relative that I have that's still alive and still living in this winter wasteland of a state instead of fleeing to somewhere warmer.

Oh shit they were out of salted sugar water? What will we ever do.

There has been no shortage of real food. I buy fresh meat, fresh vegetables, and lots of fresh fruit. Meat has frequently been expensive since shortly after the pandemic started, but I go to high-end grocery stores with real butchers, places that make their own sausage, roast their own roast beef, etc, so it was always pretty expensive. I also buy a lot of chips and pork rings because my stepdad is a retired stoner who eats junk food all day. There were a few times they didn't have the specific brand of corn chip he wanted so I had to pick from one of the other 30 varieties of corn chips.

One nearby Walmart was out of paper and laundry products frequently for a few months in 2020, but that hasn't been a problem in a while, and the college students around here are back in full-force this past semester and it's been able to keep up with their demand. I still think people are hoarding paper products, or just using a lot more of them due to spending more time at home and less time in the office.

Sometimes they don't have the exact brand of stupid hippy breakfast cereal that I want, and I have to buy Post or Kellogg's products, ohnoes. Sometimes I couldn't find the brand of Oat Milk I wanted, but that was actually more of a problem before the pandemic. Then I started going to Trader Joe's again and they always have shitloads of everything, whatever 'supply chain issues' exist are clearly not affecting their supply chains.

I just think it's people panic-buying shit at big box stores. But this idea that you go into grocery stores and there are vast empty shelves is ridiculous.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Imbecile
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, I do grocery shopping for every single aging relative that I have that's still alive and still living in this winter wasteland of a state instead of fleeing to somewhere warmer.

Oh shit they were out of salted sugar water? What will we ever do.

There has been no shortage of real food. I buy fresh meat, fresh vegetables, and lots of fresh fruit. Meat has frequently been expensive since shortly after the pandemic started, but I go to high-end grocery stores with real butchers, places that make their own sausage, roast their own roast beef, etc, so it was always pretty expensive. I also buy a lot of chips and pork rings because my stepdad is a retired stoner who eats junk food all day. There were a few times they didn't have the specific brand of corn chip he wanted so I had to pick from one of the other 30 varieties of corn chips.

One nearby Walmart was out of paper and laundry products frequently for a few months in 2020, but that hasn't been a problem in a while, and the college students around here are back in full-force this past semester and it's been able to keep up with their demand. I still think people are hoarding paper products, or just using a lot more of them due to spending more time at home and less time in the office.

Sometimes they don't have the exact brand of stupid hippy breakfast cereal that I want, and I have to buy Post or Kellogg's products, ohnoes. Sometimes I couldn't find the brand of Oat Milk I wanted, but that was actually more of a problem before the pandemic. Then I started going to Trader Joe's again and they always have shitloads of everything, whatever 'supply chain issues' exist are clearly not affecting their supply chains.

I just think it's people panic-buying shit at big box stores. But this idea that you go into grocery stores and there are vast empty shelves is ridiculous.
Dear diary

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
MDT
9% dividend increase Blazin Blazin

1639145294485.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ARKK

In an interview with Bloomberg on Thursday, Wood also said: “I’ve never been in a market that is up -- has appreciated -- and our strategies are down.”
She continued: “When we go through a period like this, of course we are going through soul-searching, saying ‘are we missing something?’

So it sounds like Kathy is finding out there are no participation trophies in Investing.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Closed out the rest of the LCID puts for 200%, did a quick put scalp on AMC 20%, down 57% on the LULU put

• 1Like
  • 1Tendies