<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ABT

1641492975740.png

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wonder how much of that is due to CES being a ghost town.

Also, oops I broke countless laws and committed god knows how many ethics violations!

Clarida, whose term is set to end Jan. 31, had already come under fire in October because he had moved between $1 million and $5 million out of a bond fund into a stock fund on Feb. 27, 2020. That was just a day before Fed Chair Jerome Powell signaled that the central bank might move to cushion the economy when the pandemic hit the U.S.

But in a correction to his 2020 financial disclosure, Clarida said he had sold between $1 million and $5 million in the same stock fund three days prior to buying it, indicating that he was actively trading. In the Dec. 16 note submitted to the Office of Government Ethics, he referred to the exclusion of this information as an “inadvertent error.”

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
these vanguard outages are so fucking pathetic, really need to do the work and just switch my simple ira and all my other shit to fidelity

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I need to put $500 somewhere. I missed recent WMT and MSFT entries. Where to put it?

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
So, question for the prognosticators: since we've had a relatively significant dip here on the 5th, and the trend for the last 6-8 months (longer?) is to dip around the 17th-20th of the month, do we think that trend holds and we'll get another significant dip then which potentially wipes out any gains over the 2 weeks between then and now?

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So, question for the prognosticators: since we've had a relatively significant dip here on the 5th, and the trend for the last 6-8 months (longer?) is to dip around the 17th-20th of the month, do we think that trend holds and we'll get another significant dip then which potentially wipes out any gains over the 2 weeks between then and now?
Gotta include this variable. Reporting Season. Big Banks kick things off next Friday.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Note to self: I need to start setting limit orders for shares, so I can set the price to expire after 180 days. When I do dollar purchases, it cancels at the end of the day.

Capture.PNG

I added MSFT at 314.99.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure if this is the right thread for this but with the inevitable rapid Fed rate hikes, the market is going to crash at the end of the year or next. It's unavoidable. Doing it under Biden is an easy out for these folks.

Currently, my Roth 401k portfolio managed by Fidelity is heavily invested in Chinese stocks. Would it be wise to trust them to manage my portfolio through a collapse, or should I pull my money out before the tipping point? I know bonds are typically safe during a downturn but I want to avoid taking a major hit.
It's only week 1 but this is in the running for post of the year.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hindenburg putting out another hit piece. (RCL targeted)

In a series of Thursday afternoon Tweets, Hindenburg Research said that the cruise company had added $10.1 billion in debt, now totaling $17 billion which "will be extremely difficult to service, almost necessitating extensive dilution of existing shareholders."

It also said it believes the CDC "will extend its Conditional Sailing Order, set to expire on January 15, 2022, as telegraphed by the agency’s recent Level 4 Travel Health notice."

Additionally, it pointed out increased costs, higher operating expenses and higher fuel prices, plus the fact that Royal Caribbean is incorporated in Liberia, and "will eventually come searching for a U.S. bailout, but do not expect it will find one."

"All told, through a combination of “meme” and “reopening” frenzy, $RCL has remained one of the clearest recent market dislocations despite its obvious business and balance sheet impairments," the company Tweeted . "We are short."

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You all do this every time.

It's not even a 2% drop. These aren't significant. Stop sky is falling every time the market isn't setting a new all time high.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You all do this every time.

It's not even a 2% drop. These aren't significant. Stop sky is falling every time the market isn't setting a new all time high.
This. We are basically all the way back to 2 weeks ago index levels. The horror!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users