Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Note to self: I need to start setting limit orders for shares, so I can set the price to expire after 180 days. When I do dollar purchases, it cancels at the end of the day.

View attachment 391527

I added MSFT at 314.99.
I dont know I would set buy orders to expire at 180 days. Setting them daily is probably a better idea.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hindenburg putting out another hit piece. (RCL targeted)

I am pretty I discussed most of these points last month when we talked about travel stocks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You all do this every time.

It's not even a 2% drop. These aren't significant. Stop sky is falling every time the market isn't setting a new all time high.
Its funny. I can tell if the markets are red or green by the volume of posts in this thread. On solid green days there isnt a lot of activity here. On red days....

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
finally got around to switching my targeted retirement funds (with a bunch of bonds and international) to a mix of voo, vti and some vt

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
You all do this every time.

It's not even a 2% drop. These aren't significant. Stop sky is falling every time the market isn't setting a new all time high.
I wasn't 'sky is falling', I'm looking at the best entry points to add to my Roth. Buy the dips and all that, just which one is all.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I wasn't 'sky is falling', I'm looking at the best entry points to add to my Roth. Buy the dips and all that, just which one is all.
All of them. Buy all the dips.

Honestly if you have the cash now just throw it in there and buy some shit. Trying to time it is futile.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All of them. Buy all the dips.

Honestly if you have the cash now just throw it in there and buy some shit. Trying to time it is futile.
Yeah man, BTFD doesn't mean (only) Buy THIS Fucking Dip. It means buy them all!

Angry Gary Oldman GIF

• 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
RIVN was insane today, went from 91 to 77, got stopped out of my puts at 80, and its now at 87

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Tendies

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DWAC announced the Trump Twitter clone to go on the Apple store for download on President's day. Stock explodes upward. In before both AAPL and GOOG ban his app downloads.

• 1Worf

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Well, if autistically comparing the difference between this dip and the next dip which we can't even be sure is coming on time is wrong, I don't want to be right!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I feel like the market is in a constant cycle of:

1. Get bad fed news.
2. Selloff.
3. Realize there's no other better place to put the money.
4. Buy back in.
5. GOTO step 1.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I shorted TSLA for a slight scalp. Still on the red on the whole on TSLA. After 2 bearish positions I believe my next one will be bullish.
TD Ameritrade still can't find me one share to short. Everybody and their brother has been shorting it ever since the slave labor news.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TD Ameritrade still can't find me one share to short. Everybody and their brother has been shorting it ever since the slave labor news.
The fuck you talking about? Have you still not figured out how to join the TDA HTB program? Literally takes a few minutes in chat support.

TSLA3.jpg

You owe me 23c for proving you're a dumb dumb.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Stock Pals VP of Shit Stocks
<Gold Donor>
The fuck you talking about? Have you still not figured out how to join the TDA HTB program? Literally takes a few minutes in chat support.

View attachment 391541

You owe me 23c for proving you're a dumb dumb.
Holy shit is that the short then your cover? You use hotkeys?

Edit: I ask because a book Im in the middle of on day trading said the trades occur lightnng fast and with hotkeys to lock in.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy shit is that the short then your cover? You use hotkeys?
ToS platform hotbuttons. Literally just made the trade to prove a point. ToS is my swing trade platform and I am typically using manual entries (on the ladder).

Lightspeed is my daytrade broker and I absolutely use hotkeys as well as a custom programmed StreamDeck.

• 1Like