Investing General Discussion

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was worried there for a second... Away we go!

1642189856671.png

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I may exit MPC trade. @Fogel had asked me at entry if it was a short term trade. I had intended to hold for longer but I'm up over 20% in such a short time frame, I'm going to exit the trade and if a opportunity to re enter presents in the high 60s I'll jump back in.

View attachment 392968
I think I'm selling MPC. I had intended to hold for longer but I'm up over 20% in such a short time frame, I'm going to exit the trade and if a opportunity to re enter presents in the high 60s I'll jump back in.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just moved out of NOC again at $403. I like swing trading industrials for those pretty consistent troughs for about 15-20% gains. I will move back in when it turns back south at some point. Companies like NOC and LMT have been good to me with these 2-3 month trades.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My LCID puts are going up in price even though the stock is moving up. People are pricing in the expected share dump methinks. 5 separate blocks of 50 contracts have been bought at 2 cents when it was 1 cent yesterday and the stock is up 2% today.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
UNH sitting at the 50-DMA. I think its a little overpriced and might keep falling a bit. The 100-DMa is $443 and that might be a better entry if it falls that far.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Just moved out of NOC again at $403. I like swing trading industrials for those pretty consistent troughs for about 15-20% gains. I will move back in when it turns back south at some point. Companies like NOC and LMT have been good to me with these 2-3 month trades.
Can you remember to post here when you see a good reentry point so I can copy examine your move? TIA!

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can you remember to post here when you see a good reentry point so I can copy examine your move? TIA!
On "average" a solid low beta industrial value stock can turn 10%+ appreciation a year with dividends reinvested. I like to flip them around 15% with an assumption of 3-4 months of hold time. This flip I was in just under $350 and out at $403 plus I bagged a $1.57 dividend. Depending on how long it takes for the downward shift I would look at the $345 - $360 ballpark depending on market conditions at the time.

1642191315298.png

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
MSFT outperforming the market on well above average volume. I think maybe Wallstreeters are reading our thread now.

• 1To the Moon!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MSFT had held really strong when the indexes were taking the afternoon dump. Shoulda loaded more.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
JPM is tempting here but I really want it at the $150 price but thats a tough sell. I might grab at $155 and eat the 5$ a share.

1642191931266.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blazin Blazin Ever play LABU? Looking at some $25C Jan'23 LEAPS. Tiny starter size.

Historically whenever this has been so far extended below the 20D, there's been quite a rebound.

No I tend to ignore the 3x etfs, as far as technicals though I would never trade off the leveraged but off the underlying. The slippage is going to mess with technical levels, so I'd be watching XBI levels when looking at a position.
Sometimes, you just gotta roll the dice.

labu.jpg

Dice Vegas GIF by The Weeknd

On a serious note. LABU is putting in the biggest volume on the daily, seemingly ever. On a big green dildo candle. This could be my best timed trade ever.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
The old 2pm on Friday rally is always good for a fun time. Need someone to run the numbers on last few years buy at 2pm Fri sell at 4pm what's the upside % on that one.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Equally, being Fri going into a 3 day weekend and the last 2 days of weakness, I expected risk-off sentiment. SPY daily candle actually looks fairly healthy here, nearly testing the macro ascending trend again for the bounce. Next week could be continuation, unless some Ukraine nonsense kicks off.

• 1Solidarity