Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Had a really tight trailing stop on my WYNN shares and got stopped out. Ended up with a 3% gain. Considering I was down more than 10% a few weeks ago I am good with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It is being held up by its 100D (so far).

Not a name I own anymore though.
I am slowly trimming non-core holdings and swing trades to a> try to focus my portfolio a bit tighter and b> to add a little to my cash position to take advantage of quality going on sale in terms of adds to names I own. I think right now being in play for things like (but not limited to) re-opening trades, meme stocks, infinite PE growth stocks etc is a bit to close to the edge for my liking. I would venture that a number of traders havent experienced what its like in a high inflation, rising interest rate scenario before. MTTR and SPIR I dont have a real choice on right now, but beyond that its about fundamentals for me right now.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MTTR is getting interesting here in the low 13s. Lockup expiry is simply on the mind though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Surprised to see DIS being hit on a downgrade and lowered PT by Guggenheim. (Markets arent helping)

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AMZN - So I have generally swing traded AMZN for a while now. It has basically traded in the same trough now for about 16 months. I keep looking at it to see if it has turned into a real investment versus a trade and it keeps telling me no. I wish they would spin off AWS and unlock that value. Anyone else have a different opinion of AMZN? Anyone with a rational for a long term buy and hold? WMT gives me a dividend to counter its slow and steady stock movement.

1642176141470.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
MTTR is getting interesting here in the low 13s. Lockup expiry is simply on the mind though.
I spent a lot of time in the SPAC world. The stock is going to get wrecked when lockup expires. I really thought I would be out of my puts before it became an issue. I have resigned myself to the raping I am going to take.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
AMZN - So I have generally swing traded AMZN for a while now. It has basically traded in the same trough now for about 16 months. I keep looking at it to see if it has turned into a real investment versus a trade and it keeps telling me no. I wish they would spin off AWS and unlock that value. Anyone else have a different opinion of AMZN? Anyone with a rational for a long term buy and hold? WMT gives me a dividend to counter its slow and steady stock movement.

View attachment 392909
I was swinging it last year, ended up being my #1 performer for 2021. I have stayed in it now for quite awhile figuring we were getting closer to next leg up. I'm still in it and rather frustrated but don't think my patience is yet exhausted. Would certainly not be a good thing if it fell out of its consolidation box and didn't recover it quickly.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was swinging it last year, ended up being my #1 performer for 2021. I have stayed in it now for quite awhile figuring we were getting closer to next leg up. I'm still in it and rather frustrated but don't think my patience is yet exhausted. Would certainly not be a good thing if it fell out of its consolidation box and didn't recover it quickly.
Whats fucked up is its PE is 3x GOOG with half the GOOG EPS.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I spent a lot of time in the SPAC world. The stock is going to get wrecked when lockup expires. I really thought I would be out of my puts before it became an issue. I have resigned myself to the raping I am going to take.
Board making me regret saying something about a five year high risk/high reward investment, number of comments clearly people took it as a trade and somehow missed a 100% run up and now taking losses. The market hates the shit out of these high Price to Sale tech companies that is not going to just turn around. It's in a bear period and will likely stay there, but as an investment the only thing someone should give a shit about is earning reports not what an angsty market feels like valuing it day to day.

Recent Long Term Adds: (not short term Trades)
MTTR ($20.00 cost basis) To those who followed me in your probably seeing how crazy volatile it is, my plan is to ignore this. I want 100x minimum. Was up 25% and it's always tempting to sell but for me this is going to be a longer term hold. So if you are trading it just be ready for 10% moves up and down, if you really want short term then maybe putting a stop in if we get back to $22 is probably a good idea but I think more money will be made being patient but that could take years to play out.

I know everyone is responsible for their own trades but I try to be clear and I just get a sense (maybe I'm wrong) that there was some "lets get rich quick" buying which is fine but why the fuq would you not sell @ 37 if that was the goal. This is not directed to you Sanrith just saying in general. If in five years this company hasn't turn in to something then so be it, I feel good about it and I think it's worth a shot for a small position.

Those trading it you are in a bad spot now in the short term, up trend is broken. THe market hates speculation stocks right now.

In regards to investing as a whole, if periods like this stress you out it's usually best to turn it off and walk away. It's January, we are going to have bullish periods and bearish periods, fear and euphoria. The market has come along way running sideways sounds nice but we all know that's not how it feels as it plays out it's crazy whipsaw action back and forth tearing people up.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users