Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
MTTR could drop to $10-11 just in valuation contraction. I think below that is unlikely without negative fundamental news, ie slowing growth. The company has to grow aggressively next few years. In the $2-4B valuation range it could be a buyout target as it's chump change to the big boys for a platform in a growing area that is working.

My main focus will be watching revenues outside of real estate if it can't expand beyond a niche market then it is not going to go anywhere.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
DAL gave up all the gains it had from yesterday's earnings and is now trading lower than before its earnings...

View attachment 392901

It is being held up by its 100D (so far).

Not a name I own anymore though.
Animated GIF

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Board making me regret saying something about a five year high risk/high reward investment, number of comments clearly people took it as a trade and somehow missed a 100% run up and now taking losses. The market hates the shit out of these high Price to Sale tech companies that is not going to just turn around. It's in a bear period and will likely stay there, but as an investment the only thing someone should give a shit about is earning reports not what an angsty market feels like valuing it day to day.

I know everyone is responsible for their own trades but I try to be clear and I just get a sense (maybe I'm wrong) that there was some "lets get rich quick" buying which is fine but why the fuq would you not sell @ 37 if that was the goal. This is not directed to you Sanrith just saying in general. If in five years this company hasn't turn in to something then so be it, I feel good about it and I think it's worth a shot for a small position.

Those trading it you are in a bad spot now in the short term, up trend is broken. THe market hates speculation stocks right now.

In regards to investing as a whole, if periods like this stress you out it's usually best to turn it off and walk away. It's January, we are going to have bullish periods and bearish periods, fear and euphoria. The market has come along way running sideways sounds nice but we all know that's not how it feels as it plays out it's crazy whipsaw action back and forth tearing people up.

Dude, no.

If you jump into shit, and all us retards follow, that's our fault.

We don't need another neutered source of info and discussion.

Can't win them all man

No worries

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 8 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
yeah we don't need the people actually trading & knowledgeable to type the "DYOR" on every post.

if people aren't doing that they deserve to get fucked , and honestly that's the best lesson anyways.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Like to make sure I spend some time on losses. I sold PYPL at a ($5,711) loss. A real ouch. While choosing to be patient ended up costing me $2k extra instead of just selling on the bounces I still think patience was the right move in that situation. It's inability to hold $180 is a sign it's not out of trouble now. I'm eyeing the big gap at $130 now and I wasn't willing to hold for that ride.

• 2Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blazin Blazin Ever play LABU? Looking at some $25C Jan'23 LEAPS. Tiny starter size.

Historically whenever this has been so far extended below the 20D, there's been quite a rebound.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Blazin Blazin Ever play LABU? Looking at some $25C Jan'23 LEAPS. Tiny starter size.

Historically whenever this has been so far extended below the 20D, there's been quite a rebound.
No I tend to ignore the 3x etfs, as far as technicals though I would never trade off the leveraged but off the underlying. The slippage is going to mess with technical levels, so I'd be watching XBI levels when looking at a position.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SPY daily candles looking god damn ugly the last 2 days.

However, we are coming into the macro ascending support trend line with the 100D not much further below that.

Looking for some deals, but leaving plenty of buying power at the ready in case we get really crazy and want to visit the 200D in the near future.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
in case we get really crazy and want to visit the 200D in the near future.
iu

Also PYPL new 52 week low today. Can feel good about selling that for a profit at least.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
CLF breakout of the channel with consolidation, Biden speaking on building bridges and shit @ 2pm

1642186741926.png

US Steel:
1642186817074.png

Expecting a pop and rally.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Board making me regret saying something about a five year high risk/high reward investment, number of comments clearly people took it as a trade and somehow missed a 100% run up and now taking losses. The market hates the shit out of these high Price to Sale tech companies that is not going to just turn around. It's in a bear period and will likely stay there, but as an investment the only thing someone should give a shit about is earning reports not what an angsty market feels like valuing it day to day.

I know everyone is responsible for their own trades but I try to be clear and I just get a sense (maybe I'm wrong) that there was some "lets get rich quick" buying which is fine but why the fuq would you not sell @ 37 if that was the goal. This is not directed to you Sanrith just saying in general. If in five years this company hasn't turn in to something then so be it, I feel good about it and I think it's worth a shot for a small position.

Those trading it you are in a bad spot now in the short term, up trend is broken. THe market hates speculation stocks right now.

In regards to investing as a whole, if periods like this stress you out it's usually best to turn it off and walk away. It's January, we are going to have bullish periods and bearish periods, fear and euphoria. The market has come along way running sideways sounds nice but we all know that's not how it feels as it plays out it's crazy whipsaw action back and forth tearing people up.

Really appreciate the reminder/perspective.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Very poorly done rumor of LCID in talks with AAPL about the apple car making the rounds. Pretty blatant pump before the 1/19 lock up expiration

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I think you know by now I don't post here to bitch at people (except Folger). I just kind of use this space as a blog while I work. I am not posting negative MTTR stuff to dump on anyone, I am doing it to prepare them for what I believe will pass (but hope I am wrong). I am still holding the puts and will be owning the stock soon. If the company does what I believe it will do then a basis of $18.50 is a winner. If it doesn't, then well, this trade still wont be as bad as my third BABA trade.

As for worrying about those who picked it up on your mention, don't sweat it. One thing I have noticed is we have a large section of the thread who are the get rich quick crowd. Two years of posting results from buying quality companies and holding them have done nothing to change their minds. People are wired the way they are. At the end of the day, nearly every trade I have made that turned sideways on me I have been able to get out of at a profit given enough patience. I even got out of TRIT with a profit.

If you are gonna trade stocks with the big dogs, you gotta be tough.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Man, this is one of the most rollercoaster volatile market days I've seen in a while. Crazy.

I wonder how much cash is sitting on the sidelines waiting to buy dips, or if it's all getting shaken out with this up and down action?

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
iu

Also PYPL new 52 week low today. Can feel good about selling that for a profit at least.
Its trading at 40x earnings which is shitty in the current "high PE ratio" bad environment. The flip side is that its got an EPS of over $4. Compare to CRM with its PE of 124 and its EPS of $1.84.

This issue for PYPL, CRM and the rest of the high PE crowd is you have MSFT trading at a PE of 34 with $9 EPS earnings, GOOG with a PE of 27 and EPS of $104, FB with a PE of 23.33 and EPS of $14, and AAPL with a PE of 31 and EPS of $5.61

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Bought starter position in MPC
I may exit MPC trade. Fogel Fogel had asked me at entry if it was a short term trade. I had intended to hold for longer but I'm up over 20% in such a short time frame, I'm going to exit the trade and if a opportunity to re enter presents in the high 60s I'll jump back in.

Capture.PNG

• 2Like
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 2 users