Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In aquisitions, you ususally just see the price relatively flat around the buyout price.

However, ATVI giving up a lot from the highs. $92 in premarket down to $83 currently ($95 buyout price)

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
In aquisitions, you ususally just see the price relatively flat around the buyout price.

However, ATVI giving up a lot from the highs. $92 in premarket down to $83 currently ($95 buyout price)
Investors realize that this is Mixer 2.0? Or likely antitrust concerns.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

Yup simple play for anyone who wants to take the risk that it doesn't close.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
TWTR with yet another new 52-low..

View attachment 393519

Dance Dancing GIF by The Dude Perfect Show
Bet Microsoft buys Twitter and/or Discord within the next year.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes
For me, I have been bearish on PTON since start of the year. Just made no sense at Dec price levels with vaccines rolling out, heading out of winter into nicer outdoor weather. Who the fuck wants to sit on a bike indoors staring at walls when lockdown restrictions were loosening?

CNBC talking heads were talking about reopenings recently and talking about how gym memberships (social fitness) are hitting highs. Even more reason to get the fck out of the house off your Peloton.

Seemed a bit of a lockdown fad to me. People are generally lazy. I can't see the growth argument going forward. As life returns to normal(ish), there are going to be a lot of used bikes hitting the market. Just like most other home exercise equipment that gets bought and collects dust soon after. There will be more willingness to sell it too, as it is a higher priced item. ... of which Peloton just reduced prices on anyway.

I made money shorting it. Just wish I held to my convictions for a longer term play.

PTON under $30 a share.

-82.17% from its 52 high
My post was back in Sept last year (trading $100'ish). Early bearish views and shorts in Dec/Jan ($160s).

*sigh*

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have been bearish on PTON for months. Vaccines rolling out and summer at our door. Who the fuck wants to continue sitting indoors staring at walls / a screen? Go the fuck outside and enjoy yourself. PTON was a lockdown play. The recall tanked the price today. Earnings are tomorrow. Forward guidance will be key. I think Q2 / Q3 will be down.

Just my intuition.
May last year.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My post was back in Sept last year (trading $100'ish). Early bearish views and shorts in Dec/Jan ($160s).

*sigh*
Sold my PTON this morning. It was sort of an impulse buy and the longer I spent researching it the more I realized it was not one of my brighter moves. Think I lost a few pennies on it. This does stand as one of my bedrock trading principles. If you don't feel right after executing a trade, don't hesitate to cut bait and admit it wasn't a good move for you.
From the same time period.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, this is where I really think we test the market. We backtested the Jan10th SPY low, which was essentially right on top of the 100D support. We have bounced markedly here, but the question is how much? The fact we have tested these lows so quickly (8 days) is bearish in itself. The question is if we fall back in trend and reclaim the macro trend. Do we get anywhere back near trend highs?

If we just give up any semblance of a bounce in the coming days and breach the 100D, I am going to go ahead and say the market has well and truly changed its behavior of the last 1.5 yrs. Most would say "of course" with Fed changes. They key here though is you have a ton of new traders that have been rewarded repeatedly with "buy the dip". This could be the time that strategy doesn't pay off and the sentiment shifts.

Personally, I am hoping we see the 200D in the coming week(s). But, gotta stick with trend for now. Bought some stuff here on the 100D again. As always, leaving a lot of room for lower adds.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user