Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cut the dividends 47%. Now We need to see what the math will be when they calculate the added dividends for those new shares.

1643719976554.png

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SPIR up 10%+ premarket on heavy volume (Over a million shares). Expect the shorts to be covering on this one today after earnings.
4th qtr revenue $15.5 million (its a microcap) which is a 111% increase over last period. Excluding acquisition exactEarth, revenue was +86% yoy. Full 2021 revenue $44 million +53% yoy. Excluding acquisition +47% yoy
ARR (Annual Recurring Revenue) retention rate is 104%. They are an DAAS company so their customers sign contracts for the data they provide them.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Cut the dividends 47%. Now We need to see what the math will be when they calculate the added dividends for those new shares.

View attachment 396130
Only thing I would have added if I was T would have been a reverse split. I do think a 5 for 1 could help psychologically for people to have a different view of the new cleaner telecom play with the bonus of companies at $100/share tend to be viewed as having more value. This whole mess will have people analyzing T stock value from periods post and pre split off and will all be a convoluted mess better to just strike a new starting point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Only thing I would have added if I was T would have been a reverse split. I do think a 5 for 1 could help psychologically for people to have a different view of the new cleaner telecom play with the bonus of companies at $100/share tend to be viewed as having more value. This whole mess will have people analyzing T stock value from periods post and pre split off and will all be a convoluted mess better to just strike a new starting point.
I was just typing up something along those lines. The T, DISCA merger then spinoff might be providing some opportunity if you are willing to dig into the financial math. Pre-merger Time Warner paid a decent dividend. There are going to be lots of people looking for an arbitrage scenario. There are two scenarios. For existing T holders I think they might get the short end of the stick "until" we see what if any dividend the new WBD company will pay. Time Warner used to pay a decent 2% dividend back in the day (about $1.5 a year).

For new investors, however, T stock hitting its low that it touched a month or so back of $22 puts its new dividend at 5%. For a new investor looking for a safe (in terms of cash flow) dividend, that might be appealing. I think the stock is going to be volatile for a while as analysts really theorycraft this deal but there might be some money to be made. DISCA currently trading around $27 so if you have 100 shares of T you lose 97 cents (or 97 dollars in the first year) but gain 24 shares valued at (24*27 = $648)

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I was just typing up something along those lines. The T, DISCA merger then spinoff might be providing some opportunity if you are willing to dig into the financial math. Pre-merger Time Warner paid a decent dividend. There are going to be lots of people looking for an arbitrage scenario. There are two scenarios. For existing T holders I think they might get the short end of the stick "until" we see what if any dividend the new WBD company will pay. Time Warner used to pay a decent 2% dividend back in the day (about $1.5 a year).

For new investors, however, T stock hitting its low that it touched a month or so back of $22 puts its new dividend at 5%. For a new investor looking for a safe (in terms of cash flow) dividend, that might be appealing. I think the stock is going to be volatile for a while as analysts really theorycraft this deal but there might be some money to be made. DISCA currently trading around $27 so if you have 100 shares of T you lose 97 cents (or 97 dollars in the first year) but gain 24 shares valued at (24*27 = $648)
I highly doubt the media company will be paying a dividend. T has a pure play may be something for consideration.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
FKhFIyCXsAA5tNr.png

Crazy over positioning, retail with more put buying than the covid crash. Morning reading making me attached to my contrarian view, so much bearish tone. Retail with crazy amounts moved to cash and so much emotion behind their moves.

Good job bears.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I do remember reading about that in my text books.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only thing thats more of a pain in the ass and expensive than a pool is a fucking boat.

At least buy a boat you can go fishing in... wtf is a yacht? Guess im just too poor to understand...

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
QQQ 1h RSI now nicely cooled off and ready to challenge it's 200d. The more it bases here the better, because this is a move that is going to take some umph to hold. Going to be some trapped holders who are going to sell into it, just to be grateful to get out. Not sure if it goes for it later today or holds till tomorrow. Volume today is definitely down from the very high volumes we've seen but still above avg. The vix getting nicely crushed during the rest. So far things look exactly like I mentioned to be looking for yesterday.

See if livens up after lunch or just stays in this mode till close.

Internals looking really good for flat pause action.

Capture.PNG

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users