Investing General Discussion

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I look like Warren Buffet having sold that at $192.

Also AMD crushed it. Up almost 9% ah, though I wonder how much of that is also due to GOOG crushing it as well. Any buy when it dipped under $100 last week?
Like an idiot I bought some Feb18 $200 calls weeks back before everything went to shit. Might be able to recoup some of that now.

• 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
jeebus my calls are going to print. This could end up being a short squeeze for the record books

• 2To the Moon!
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
View attachment 396193

antonio banderas yes GIF
Great trade man, being able to more reasonably trade options on this means it's likely to be added my stable very soon. Now just need amazon to do the same 20:1 later in the week.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
A real shame a woman as insanely capable as Lisa will never receive even a fraction of the attention and praised thrown at dumb whores like Elizabeth Holmes or Marissa Meyer.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Man I have a significant sum coming in March to invest so I'm feeling some serious FOMO right now with everything going on last week and into this week.

I just need to remember I'm an investor and not a trader I guess. Hoping for more overall sideways action - but I guess in 5, 10 years it doesn't matter as much.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Great trade man, being able to more reasonably trade options on this means it's likely to be added my stable very soon. Now just need amazon to do the same 20:1 later in the week.
Yeah I agree. The lower of the price to the mid 100s means the options play and associated Gamma are going to ramp big time after the split.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I already got approved, but don't see where to acces them.
You don't "access them". One would normally begin with the option chain on a stock and then either buy/sell to open/close an option. Options are still trades and can be accessed as such. The best bet is to download Active Trader Pro. It has a tab specific to options and will help you with an options builder and strategy. You can also use the options builder off the web version. It's simplified to assist in building the option trade ticket for you.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Man I have a significant sum coming in March to invest so I'm feeling some serious FOMO right now with everything going on last week and into this week.

I just need to remember I'm an investor and not a trader I guess. Hoping for more overall sideways action - but I guess in 5, 10 years it doesn't matter as much.
Just pick your entries off the technical levels. It's the best bet. If not sure just ask here and list the symbol and ask for advice on entry prices. I'm sure folks will offer to lend some advice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user