Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
el-oh-el at all the analysts cutting price targets on HD by 10+% on great earnings. Analysts are total shit.
I don't know if they are wrong though, for HD and LOW the YoY comps are going to be really tough. They have really had a perfect storm of awesome it's going to be tougher going forward, them pulling off even low single digit sales growth next couple quarters would be a large win for them as companies but may put some strain on their stock price for a bit. HD looks good to me at $300 the $420 was getting way ahead of itself that pandemic sales growth was not going to continue at that pace.

LOW will likely get whacked tomorrow, but I'll be watching for an entry sometime during this weakness. They will consolidate these wins in both their business and their stock prices, positioned well going forward.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't know if they are wrong though, for HD and LOW the YoY comps are going to be really tough. They have really had a perfect storm of awesome it's going to be tougher going forward, them pulling off even low single digit sales growth next couple quarters would be a large win for them as companies but may put some strain on their stock price for a bit. HD looks good to me at $300 the $420 was getting way ahead of itself that pandemic sales growth was not going to continue at that pace.

LOW will likely get whacked tomorrow, but I'll be watching for an entry sometime during this weakness. They will consolidate these wins in both their business and their stock prices, positioned well going forward.
I am in HD at around $240 so Im happy either way. Just adding little chunks to round things out. and that 15% div increase puts me over a 3% yield at my cost basis.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Looks like the Biden boost in total fade now.
That is not a fade, that is a bull flag. Now if we lose 430.70 that would be a fade, but as of this moment there is nothing bearish on this move.
Capture.PNG

• 2Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wasn't making a statement on what might come, where you? You said it was a fade not that you thought a fade was coming.
I saw that the fade was kicking in. I didnt mean a cliff drop, but a determined fade back down from the effects of his press conference.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I saw that the fade was kicking in. I didnt mean a cliff drop, but a determined fade back down from the effects of his press conference.
There is always a chance a bull flag can break down, not just wanting to nitpick but a bull flag should be given a chance, the technical level was clearly 430.70 if a trader is less patient than that then they would get stopped out of a lot of bull flags that would leg higher.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There is always a chance a bull flag can break down, not just wanting to nitpick but a bull flag should be given a chance, the technical level was clearly 430.70 if a trader is less patient than that then they would get stopped out of a lot of bull flags that would leg higher.
Bull Flag. This is what i picture when you and Jysin Jysin use terms like these...

Bugs Bunny Wtf GIF by Looney Tunes

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Love the differing perspectives from our most analytical minds. It's good for folks like me to see the disagreement, bc it reveals the market's direction isn't clear.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Blazin Blazin You failed to let us bask in your glory how ABBV dips below the $145 strike just long enough to expire worthless and then it moves back above the strike today. That was some jedi mind trick shit there.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Blazin Blazin You failed to let us bask in your glory how ABBV dips below the $145 strike just long enough to expire worthless and then it moves back above the strike today. That was some jedi mind trick shit there.

I sold 3/18 calls on it today and picked the $150 strike so I'm taking some risk here that it's going to be ranged bound. I may have overplayed my hand with this one we'll see. Sold calls today on lots of names which is tough to do when market is struggling but can lose a lot of time premium waiting for better opportunities that sometimes you just need to sell em and hope for the best. Lots of the stocks I hold are doing pretty well. PARA is the only one that is at a level that I don't really want to sell calls right now, would like to see a nice green boner bar or two first.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The best thing about markets like this is that if you miss an entry point today, don't sweat it. There is always tomorrow.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users