Investing General Discussion

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The US oil producers do not want to produce more oil. They have stated this publicly. It's not government regulation preventing them for producing oil, it's that they want to sell less oil for more money.

Last time they produced more oil the price cratered.

"they" is a finite amount of people, the market has ways of dealing with this but it needs some certainties before investing in expansion. The government has all the ways in the world to do something, they just need to do it. When the boos and violence start ticking up again youll be surprised how fast the tune changes.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
"they" is a finite amount of people, the market has ways of dealing with this but it needs some certainties before investing in expansion. The government has all the ways in the world to do something, they just need to do it. When the boos and violence start ticking up again youll be surprised how fast the tune changes.
There's a lot less long-commuters post-pandemic and electric vehicles keep penetrating the market. Oil producers are expecting demand to just keep declining. They will not make investments to open up new wells unless the government gives them a handout to do so, which they probably will because politics. Same thing where Intel is waiting for a government handout in order to really ramp up US fab facilities.

• 1Imbecile
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's a lot less long-commuters post-pandemic and electric vehicles keep penetrating the market. Oil producers are expecting demand to just keep declining. They will not make investments to open up new wells unless the government gives them a handout to do so, which they probably will because politics. Same thing where Intel is waiting for a government handout in order to really ramp up US fab facilities.
Oil demand is not going to keep declining because with the exception of covid lockdowns, it has only ever increased. You do realize things happen in the world outside of the united states that affects oil. Countries are continuing to modernize and industrialize, which means more factories and more cars. Oil demand is projected to increase year over year for at least the next decade+

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Covering my PTON shorts. It was a fun ride from $36. Institutional ownership has increased to around 87% and roughly 44 million shares are now short. Too risky to keep shorting at this point. I was hoping it would go into the high teens, but I will gladly settle for sub $23.

• 4Tendies
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Voices are pretty loud about energy independence. I don't see how the admin is going to keep pushing against the current situation for long...

If the admin pivots about oil&gas, this entire narrative collapses and I feel they don't have a choice, this is an election year, theres no way they can go into elections with gas prices higher than where we are and if they do, expect oil production to go way the fuck up when republicans take majority, so its inevitable to be frank.

Question is, where is "close enough to the bottom"?

Cash for clunkers wasn't about global warming. The jobs program that keeps on giving.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Buying a car right now sucks. Dealerships know they can run you through the wringer. I basically got told I might be waiting months for my car if I didn’t spend X dollars on upgrades. That was after having a couple weird experiences where they were just tossing them in and didn’t tell me why. I bought from they guy who was honest enough to explain how they were screwing with me, and said at least let me pick the ones I want.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My cousin runs a dealership and they're making $10k per car when two years ago they'd make $2k per car.

The rub is that they're selling far less cars and have trouble getting any to replace the ones they've sold.

• 1Like

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Buying a car right now sucks. Dealerships know they can run you through the wringer. I basically got told I might be waiting months for my car if I didn’t spend X dollars on upgrades. That was after having a couple weird experiences where they were just tossing them in and didn’t tell me why. I bought from they guy who was honest enough to explain how they were screwing with me, and said at least let me pick the ones I want.

Cars are nuts. The dealership that we bought my wife's van from offered me $3k less than what we bought it for. Kicker is, it's four years old and 50,000 miles on it. I would just about do it if we didn't need her vehicle. No sense in trading it because we would just pay that much more for something new.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I bought one last week, ordered it in November. Surprisingly the best car buying experience I’ve ever had. I got it a little under MSRP, and they lowered my financing rate by an entire percent, which I didn’t even ask for. It was surprising and a nice change of pace.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
How many times we going to test the same level today? that is check number 4 of $422.25 on SPY. Can we just get the drop to 418 over with please.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I bought one last week, ordered it in November. Surprisingly the best car buying experience I’ve ever had. I got it a little under MSRP, and they lowered my financing rate by an entire percent, which I didn’t even ask for. It was surprising and a nice change of pace.
Everyone been pleasant and I’m just paying cash for the car, so didn’t even delve into financing. I just was pretty blunt about not wanting to wait 5 months for my car. That’s more important to me atm then saving a few thousand bucks, since some asshole rear ended me and totaled my old one.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Added some more SPIR at 1.95
On days like today you have to look for the bright spots, no matter how thin they are...

1646682075171.png

• 2Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How many times we going to test the same level today? that is check number 4 of $422.25 on SPY. Can we just get the drop to 418 over with please.
Still got the Jan 24th low pivot (420.76) to play with for support. I'd be shocked if we gave that up today.

Failing that, we are back in freefall to 412ish

• 1Mother of God

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
I am trying to predict the flush the close and set my orders accordingly. I originally was thinking a -3% day but now I am thinking a -4% could be in the works.

Which One Decisions GIF

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We're still not in any kind of panic mode. The slow controlled burn is orderly. You want to be scouting your adds when we get the panic dumps like Jan 24 and Feb 24.

• 1Solidarity