Investing General Discussion

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad i moved a bunch of my stuff out of teh index I had month ago before Russia started this thing.

FXIAX has been doing not to great

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nice write up on SQ. When some of us discuss fundamentals and valuations in terms of how much should you pay for a stock, this is the type of articles you should be looking at and not discord chat servers. To be a good investor you have to be able to read and understand what you are buying. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the analysis of SQ, but these are the calculations you should be making.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's either things have worth, or you'd better have more bullets than your neighbor. It's honestly pretty binary.
I invest AND have a fully stocked gun vault.

Meme Choose GIF by G2 Esports

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oil will be fun.
Instantly up $19, then instantly down $10 from that pop in less than 10 minutes.

1646609865370.png

1646609886003.png

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seems like if we ever got into a war here they would be handing out all kinds of shit for us to use. Those scared pussy politicians will be giving us rocket launchers if it means they stay alive.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
With astronomical prices coming for fuel and food... Is the real answer interest rates? Clearly without stimulus this is going to cause huge problems for poor people, hurting corporations?

Seems like a death loop at this point, everything except starving the population of money until we have a surplus of both.

I would be surprised if the steel tariffs last another year.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Seems like a death loop at this point, everything except starving the population of money until we have a surplus of both.

I would be surprised if the steel tariffs last another year.
I posted at the start of all these free monies parties they were having that I thought this was (obviously) going to lead to bad inflation. I think America’s economy is much better situated to take the blow than Europe, because Europe is essentially a world mooch and can’t take care of its own needs. Europe is definitely going to be in for a very rough year, then just throw on top of it that their culture is heavy on the free gibs. Protests over the economy will probably get violent by summer. I expect prices to keep surging and for euro bucks to get weaker in a double whammy.

Basically, I’m looking over my investments to see if I can make them more USA and less EU.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1646616618415.png

Pretty bad considering nobody is freaking out about Nuclear Plants exploding this time.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think what we are seeing in the markets should be yet another impetus to examine your portfolio holdings.

For a while now lots of folks (not necessarily here but in general) have laughed off shit like company fundamentals because stonks only go up. If we end up seeing the markets seriously take some hits, or a renewal of the cold war where companies don't deal with certain parts of the world the winners will be those companies with iron clad balance sheets, strong earnings, a moat, and low debt.

Stock prices will go down across the board, but the idea is to own companies that don't go bankrupt if this extends over a period of years. Who generates most of their revenue in the US and perhaps Europe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The last time we had a large oil price spike they slowed down the speed of container ships to save money, they just built more container ships and traveled slower. That will help.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quite a bounce premarket.

Guessing on this news?