Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Quite a bounce premarket.

Guessing on this news?

This has been the pattern. Drop the shitty news after the markets close on Friday and through the weekend and then before markets open drop the "good" news.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dont be fooled by the futures at the open. That news jumped the Nasdaq futures over 200 points. I honestly expect us to revisit that low at some point today which would equate to about a 2% drop form Friday's close.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1646662168583.png

Zzen

Potato del Grande
JPM gets tempting as it continues to drill to new 52 week lows.

Thoughts Jysin Jysin ? I know you’ve been watching.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hmm, thread getting spooky quiet lately.

Added my final tranche of GOOGL at $2550. I think the lawsuit is a non-issue.
added some FB at $191

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
TLRY sitting at 5.15 a share, bounced here last week and pot stocks are pretty unloved at the moment in the macro economy right now but might be worth a small position here for the long term. There are still 2 bills that have yet to be voted on, one republican and one democrat. Of course, people have been waiting for decrim/legalization since 2004 but just throwing it out there.

1646668581760.png

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
But do you have entire lockers devoted to guest use handguns in case they forget their pistol they can have it to sleep with?!
I know someone who has guns and magazines stashed strategically all through this house. I asked him why and he replied very seriously “In the case of a prolonged gun battle”. Yep, guest rooms are included.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I know someone who has guns and magazines stashed strategically all through this house. I asked him why and he replied very seriously “In the case of a prolonged gun battle”. Yep, guest rooms are included.
John Wick approves.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you dont have a problem with cigarette stocks, PM got hit today with all the Russia short. Could be a short term shock.
PE = 17.13
EPS = $5.83
Div Yield = 5.01%

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1646675756273.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Voices are pretty loud about energy independence. I don't see how the admin is going to keep pushing against the current situation for long...

If the admin pivots about oil&gas, this entire narrative collapses and I feel they don't have a choice, this is an election year, theres no way they can go into elections with gas prices higher than where we are and if they do, expect oil production to go way the fuck up when republicans take majority, so its inevitable to be frank.

Question is, where is "close enough to the bottom"?

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Voices are pretty loud about energy independence. I don't see how the admin is going to keep pushing against the current situation for long...

If the admin pivots about oil&gas, this entire narrative collapses and I feel they don't have a choice, this is an election year, theres no way they can go into elections with gas prices higher than where we are and if they do, expect oil production to go way the fuck up when republicans take majority, so its inevitable to be frank.

Question is, where is "close enough to the bottom"?

The US oil producers do not want to produce more oil. They have stated this publicly. It's not government regulation preventing them for producing oil, it's that they want to sell less oil for more money.

Last time they produced more oil the price cratered.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The US oil producers do not want to produce more oil. They have stated this publicly. It's not government regulation preventing them for producing oil, it's that they want to sell less oil for more money.

Last time they produced more oil the price cratered.
They would happily produce more if the cost of producing oil was cheaper.