Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Blazin Blazin Jysin Jysin if I am reading the tea leaves correctly, I see SPY with pretty clear air above it until $433.72 (long term resistance) and then the 200-DMA at $445.58. QQQ has air above it until the 50-DMA at $392.41 and then long term resistance and the 200-DMA right around $367?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Blazin Blazin Jysin Jysin if I am reading the tea leaves correctly, I see SPY with pretty clear air above it until $433.72 (long term resistance) and then the 200-DMA at $445.58. QQQ has air above it until the 50-DMA at $392.41 and then long term resistance and the 200-DMA right around $367?
Right now don't just look at price levels. I think the market is going to place a lot of weight on trend lines. We need to break to the downward channel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
This is QQQ. We have the top of the downward channel matching up with the 20d rather well. My other trend line is a many year trend line that use to be the top of the channel and became the support back in H2 2020. So my read is that QQQ ~$340 is going to become crucial. The more skittish investors will wait till they see that cleared to start feeling a bottom has been made. That is certainly not an "all clear" it is just the point that the needle would take a tilt towards upside, higher highs would need to happen in the following weeks for the vix to actually settle down and for incremental flows to reverse and head back into the market.

Capture.PNG

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Some names that may/may not have been oversold with the bathwater getting some nice bids today (CRM/NVDA/PLTR) all up over 6%

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SPY 425.86 / 428.72 have been pivot levels. We've lightly bounced here today, but we need to clear these levels, break that down trend as Blazin pointed out, but then you run into the 20D (433.76), a big level of 441.24 and then the 200D at 445.58.

Until the macro environment changes, this is a lot of overhead resistance to clear. I can't see just ripping back up without some kind of de-escallation in Ukraine or mega dovish Fed moves. We are going to be pretty range bound and subject to extreme volatility, depending on the headlines that come through moment by moment.

Personally, I am buying the big downdrafts and selling into those above resistance levels until we get a real change in the markets.
(Scaling positions in and out for cash flow and maintaining core positions)

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SPIR $2 strike calls expiring next Friday up 70% so far this morning ahead of earnings tonight. SPIR +6% on the day.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
We are still below breadth thrust levels (for those that don't know not sure there is any better predictor of future gains than a series of breadth thrusts 80-90% upside volume) The key is that you want them consecutively. In a bear cycle you can get a few of them that are isolated, we are sitting at about 75% today. There are going to be a a bazillion algos looking for this, what we have seen for months now is a market that is just not strong enough to make that happen. For today it we could probably get the first one if we had high volume boner bars into the close, but would still have to follow it up with another really strong day tomorrow. Quite the feat given current mood/sentiment, seems hard to believe we could do that given current geopolitical back drop but always keep an open mind and just pay attention.

I have stops in place, off PC for a bit. G/L :)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Yesterday was quite a ride. My USEG fluctuated between +180% and +70% throughout the course of the day; my total portfolio ranged from +2 to +4 over the same range. Learning some lessons about taking crazy profits when they show up and not getting greedy, but at least I did have the wisdom to trim off a bunch of profits near the highs. But I missed more than I took...

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If SPIR hits on earnings tonight the short squeeze will be epic. If they miss on earnings, well, it's already In the toilet.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers