Investing General Discussion

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw this posted on QQQ this morning.

1648643378574.png

$198m in QQQ 318 strike puts, someone either has a lot more money than brains or knows something.

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

View attachment 405829
$198m in QQQ 318 strike puts, someone either has a lot more money than brains or knows something.
The $325 strike has more than double the open interest of the $318

1648643879994.png

We have had a nice run the last 2 weeks. Most people should expect a return lower to consolidate. Those options buyers are expecting that $318 and $325 to go in the money. They are looking to watch a move lower and grab some profit. Going that far out of the money lowers contract cost.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The $325 strike has more than double the open interest of the $318

View attachment 405833

We have had a nice run the last 2 weeks. Most people should expect a return lower to consolidate. Those options buyers are expecting that $318 and $325 to go in the money. They are looking to watch a move lower and grab some profit. Going that far out of the money lowers contract cost.

I thought it would be something like that, it's just nice to see some indication of normality from the never ending run up...

I don't like the idea of markets tanking either, a nice little ebb and flow would be a lot more manageable than taking double digit losses if a trade goes sideways intraday for no particular reason.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Trimmed some WMT out of my mom's account at $148. It is a great recession stock, but her portfolio is too heavy in it and needed some trimming.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
09:36 (UR) Ukraine Defense Ministry: Russian forces are preparing to resume offensive operations
- No mass withdrawal of Russian troops has been seen from around Kyiv or Chernihiv

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Stop looking for inputs you don't understand, in what way is that helpful to you to be doing that?

I dont and didn't look for it, its just making the rounds this morning. Options move markets, could just be hedges, could be Michael Burry going full bear again.

Nobody knows what is going to happen. The unknown unknowns and lately there has been a lot of them. One day oils over 130, one day its under 100 and now its at 108.

Peace in ukraine one day, redeploying troops the next.

Dollar just put in a 3rd lower high.

Tell me you believed 4 weeks ago apple would be pushing for ATH by the end of march.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 405829
I dunno, if there were ever a time to make desperate naked leveraged split with 2% borrowed money you had, this is the time.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I dont and didn't look for it, its just making the rounds this morning. Options move markets, could just be hedges, could be Michael Burry going full bear again.

Nobody knows what is going to happen. The unknown unknowns and lately there has been a lot of them. One day oils over 130, one day its under 100 and now its at 108.

Peace in ukraine one day, redeploying troops the next.

Dollar just put in a 3rd lower high.

Tell me you believed 4 weeks ago apple would be pushing for ATH by the end of march.
There are no guarantees or crystal balls only probabilities and trading the chart in front of you. You can go read what I believed 4 weeks ago, and compare it to what you believed. I made no assessment of what apple price would be in 4 weeks. I assure you, I'm far less confused about has occurred in the market than you have been, and instead of you seeking out information that helps you understand what you are missing you wrap yourself up in the comfort blanket of others who are confused. This rally didn't take me off guard at all and it rewarded me handsomely because I looked at the weight of the evidence and ignored noise. You post a lot of market noise, I find it annoying just that people can see direct evidence of success/failure and still somehow miss the mark and not learn from it.

It's nothing personal against you, just the most current example of the road to underperformance from bad habits.
FO3PzLtXsAI-465.png

I get annoyed with myself about this thread because I delete probably 80% of the posts I write. I love little more than wanting to teach market dynamics but I hate this medium for doing it. Not looking for an argument but I super duper promise you that based on your posts you are often looking at things in an unproductive way. We all walk a unique path of experience and I hope yours gets you to your goals.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Link's broken.
1648653477091.png

Weird. Easy to search it though if you're already in the thread.

Of course, it only goes back to Feb but for the real juicy stuff you would have to comb the entire investing thread, prehaps i should go through and copy it all to a PDF and sell it like its my own advice... :emoji_thinking:

• 1Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 405855

Weird. Easy to search it though if you're already in the thread.

Of course, it only goes back to Feb but for the real juicy stuff you would have to comb the entire investing thread, prehaps i should go through and copy it all to a PDF and sell it like its my own advice... :emoji_thinking:

That's fucking retarded.

Go back and read posts in a thread from the guy who doesn't write 80% of what he could and that's like taking a class from him?

I get annoyed with myself about this thread because I delete probably 80% of the posts I write.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf