Investing General Discussion

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
One of my people flew into Shrevport today and couldn't get a rental car they reserved. There were 5 people in line and most of them UBER'd to their hotels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One of my people flew into Shrevport today and couldn't get a rental car they reserved. There were 5 people in line and most of them UBER'd to their hotels.
Rental car companies sold off most of their fleets during Covid. And now with cars being hard to get as replacements this is happening all over.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'm not doubting covid hastened it but I had the same experience shortly pre covid.

I was like what the fuck, do you not actually understand what the word "reservation" means?

Turns out, they redefined it and I was the one who didnt understand the new meaning

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1648577532826.png

1648577557952.png

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Tyler has an airport but I've never known anyone to fly into it or out of it. Either Shreveport or make the drive to Houston which used to be like 2 hours decades ago. But now it's stoplight and speed zone city down 59.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. Shrevport is your best bet when wanting to get into East TX unfortunately.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My personal account is now only -16%!!!! Thank you PYPL, DOCU, MTTR, and PLTR! To the moon!

Meanwhile my ROTH is +15% and my SEP is +2%, but it's all FTEC.

• 1Let's Go Brandon!

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My personal account is now only -16%!!!! Thank you PYPL, DOCU, MTTR, and PLTR! To the moon!

Meanwhile my ROTH is +15% and my SEP is +2%, but it's all FTEC.
All four of those stocks are good. It was the entry price that killed you ;-)

• 1Rustled

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
All four of those stocks are good. It was the entry price that killed you ;-)

Yeah, the two major mistakes I made were as follows:
  1. I bought these individual stocks at too big a % of my overall account
  2. I bought them in a taxable account, which totally fks my ability to recover, not bc I "can't sell them", but bc I psychologically I can't bring myself to touch my individual account after I pull the trigger

• 1WTF

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, the two major mistakes I made were as follows:
  1. I bought these individual stocks at too big a % of my overall account
  2. I bought them in a taxable account, which totally fks my ability to recover, not bc I "can't sell them", but bc I psychologically I can't bring myself to touch my individual account after I pull the trigger
Fear is the mind killer.

Seriously though. They are good stocks. Just don't look at them for a year. Fuck I was -51% on my PYPL. I'm down below minus 40% now. Winning!!

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users