Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fucking AMD futures up another 2.4% this morning. Now I’m butthurt I sold the majority at $49.20. I want back in but now the price isn’t attractive, blah!

@Big Phoenix this is ghey
You will drive yourself crazy chasing dollars you would have had if you held a stock one more day. Count your profit, be happy with it and look for a new target of opportunity.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yes and the more people that are unemployed the less people left that can lose their jobs.
I think the calculus is like this. The more unemployed the more people getting unemployment plus the extra $600 a week which is more than they were making running the drive thru when they were employed so more consumer spending for GDP.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I think the calculus is like this. The more unemployed the more people getting unemployment plus the extra $600 a week which is more than they were making running the drive thru when they were employed so more consumer spending for GDP.

yep, like I posted a few pages back and that chart showing a workgroup making more on unemployment than working full time in all 50 states.

We are in a brave new era of Universal Basic Income.

My company is now in begging mode asking us to voluntarily furlough for the next few months. They will pay for medical and not contest unemployment. Good Times. Oh is this what Yang was talking about? I'm all about the Yang Gang now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
5.24M new jobless claims. Market rallying again for the 3rd week in a row on the number. Up several points so far the moment number hit.

So weird because that puts us at over 20M Unemployed total right now.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Wait, the guy who goes around rating pizza is a day trader? Or was that satire?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
yep, like I posted a few pages back and that chart showing a workgroup making more on unemployment than working full time in all 50 states.

We are in a brave new era of Universal Basic Income.

My company is now in begging mode asking us to voluntarily furlough for the next few months. They will pay for medical and not contest unemployment. Good Times. Oh is this what Yang was talking about? I'm all about the Yang Gang now.
Thinking about this in a bigger picture and adding in that Hilton shuttered 1000 hotels for now. Companies with sub-30k annual wage employees can just shut down, use cash on hand to cover expenses and debt (with labor costs generally being the biggest cost) and then when this is over they can selectively not rehire any employee. No lawsuits, no issues, just a free dump on any employee was was marginally or low rated. And the employees are on the govt dole.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
5.24M new jobless claims. Market rallying again for the 3rd week in a row on the number. Up several points so far the moment number hit.

Strong drumbeat of hope is what's keeping the air in the market. The govs are obviously willing to print staggering amounts of money and take on huge debts worldwide.

It's a plan that is only reasonable if we open up soon and fast. If the economic outlook continues to deteriorate for a month we blew up a lot to put on a fancy show to the world that accomplished exactly nothing. I mean our debt to GDP is going to exceed WW2 levels this year. It's absolutely absurd for the time we're in.

Pops

Fucking AMD futures up another 2.4% this morning. Now I’m butthurt I sold the majority at $49.20. I want back in but now the price isn’t attractive, blah!

@Big Phoenix this is ghey
The thing not to do is chase it. There are always other buses to ride.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The thing not to do is chase it. There are always other buses to ride.
This. I missed entries on LDOS, V, and RTX. Don't chase the stock. With our level of volatility be patient and wait for an entry price you like.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You will drive yourself crazy chasing dollars you would have had if you held a stock one more day. Count your profit, be happy with it and look for a new target of opportunity.

Oh I’m not doing that really, AMD was just one I was enjoying buying dips and selling higher, it’s now just going up and up, and I like the company. I’m more just bitching for bitching sake and I know Big Phoenix was doing the same thing I was with them. I’m not really upset about it. My trade volumes are so low I’m only missing out like $300 on it if I would have held what I had sold. Even if it ends up I’m missing out on thousands it’s not a big deal, I made money on it.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Oil prices are completely whack. The bad stuff is basically getting priced to oblivion. Canadian and US poor quality oils as low as 4$ a barrel, wtf. Apparently it costs more than that to even get it to market.

Canadian oil in general is getting hammered to oblivion, most of it going at half the typical price (10~). There's no way they aren't bleeding money like crazy. I don't really know much about canada's tax structure past alberta being a cash cow. If it's now a liability there's probably some real issues for them going forward.

Pops

Sigh. The stocks I can't buy skyrocket. Who doesn't like profits. NFLX new high. AMZN new high. I should buy SHOP, 200 point rally from it's low, about to make a new high.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Yay some red! Market did not like the shutdown extension. Market was pricing in way too quick of a recover, a little dose of reality is needed.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Sigh. The stocks I can't buy skyrocket. Who doesn't like profits. NFLX new high. AMZN new high. I should buy SHOP, 200 point rally from it's low, about to make a new high.

companies like that are strongly insulated from the short term effects of this crisis. With amazon in particular, I'd be worried about there being a lot of worker lawsuits in the coming year, but for now you'll probably be fine with them.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I took a small long position on V at the dip. I think it has 20-25% upside long-term from this price.

I added some JPM and DAL because I am a glutton for punishment.