Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The powers that be will engineer a brief but significant recession.

This will let companies cut 15-20% of their workforce, work the rest of their workers to death.

Retail investors will bail out of the market on the way downward, and people will cash out their retirement to live off of.

Wage growth will stagnate again/likely even reverse.

Capital will buy up all the shit on the cheap and then it'll magically start recovering within 2-3 quarters.

Such is the great cycle that's been designed to keep the worker from getting ahead, all in the name of controlling "inflayshun."

The people who cry about media manipulation are in fact dopes for being manipulated into being a part of the great cycle.
There is an old saying. Never attribute to conspiracy what can just as easily be attributed to incompetence.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Or I’ll just continue to steadily buy during the downturn like I always have. The people who were going to retire are now nervous watching their nest egg drop 20% so they just continue to work and add to it until the next upswing, as they’ve weathered a lot of these events in the 40 years they’ve been working and putting money into their 401k.

Not all retail investors/traders are WSB retards or “investors” that just started trading 1-2 years ago.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looking at various semis on my board, I am starting to lean towards QCOM as the real buy down at these levels. I would say MU, but their revenues have been flat/declining the last few years while QCOM is still showing solid growth.

1649683656518.png

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1649683692979.png

Going through the thread from 3/5 onward and its pretty interesting with how the tables seem to be reversed, with talk of airlines and the optimism.

Looking at the daily candles, that is a fucking rollercoaster of shit that almost looks designed to destroy people trying to time the market.
(chart is QQQ)

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So what exactly is Warner Brothers Discovery? Should I keep it since I got some after the ATT break or sell it off?
T spun off TW/HBO and then that company merged with Discovery. T owns like 70% of the new combined company. Honestly, you should do some reading on Discovey (the company) and decide if its a fit for you. It will combined a big ass Movie studio with HBOMax and all of Discovery's content which is pretty substantial. This might help.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1649684591756.png

Fucking gold, jerry.

Best thing I've read in a while!

I highly recommend reading from page 80 of the thread onward, very very good info and quite a bit of raughs!

1649684715552.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm just looking forward until friday and next week. Much potential for spiciness, especially if Russia makes good on its threat to turn off supplies to countries that don't want to pay in rubbles.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Looks like things are finally flattening out for me after only losing half my goddam Q1 earnings in a week

Q1 was ridiculously kind to me, but it turns out to be a fickle bitch

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
For what its worth it does look like we have a wedge.

1649686701828.png

Usually we get a bounce within the wedge and a breakout up as it gets closer to its determined destination.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Looks like things are finally flattening out for me after only losing half my goddam Q1 earnings in a week

Q1 was ridiculously kind to me, but it turns out to be a fickle bitch

Outside of my IRA I was only in for 6 weeks in an energy ETF and did 23% and then got out. Nice timing on that I guess. Blind squirrel and acorn and such. I just got up, saw the futures were down quite a bit at 3am, but with the way things have went lately who knows.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The powers that be will engineer a brief but significant recession.

This will let companies cut 15-20% of their workforce, work the rest of their workers to death.

Retail investors will bail out of the market on the way downward, and people will cash out their retirement to live off of.

Wage growth will stagnate again/likely even reverse.

Capital will buy up all the shit on the cheap and then it'll magically start recovering within 2-3 quarters.

Such is the great cycle that's been designed to keep the worker from getting ahead, all in the name of controlling "inflayshun."

The people who cry about media manipulation are in fact dopes for being manipulated into being a part of the great cycle.

commie lumi

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
No trading halts, even at the height of nuclear catastrophe fears... Slow orderly rotation from growth to commodity stocks.

Discovery mode trying to price in growth, PEs roaming around trying to find their place.

The more pages I read from the covid era the more I feel stupid.

Calls for the fed destroying markets by slashing rates to zero which ended up super charging equities to the moon...

Now I completely understand all the shit I've been given by Blazin :(

My current thought is, industrials and energy is a bubble that is being inflated by Russian sanctions, in all honesty, the complete lack of effectiveness of the sanctions and oil/natural gas flooding the markets outside the US should be the writing on the wall for how behind traders are that are buying into oil/gas stocks.

It seems like soon as the lock gets removed from Russia the rotation will flood back into growth stocks.

Of course, the fed is kind of out there doing what its doing using words and projections tinkering with shit that is doing some weird things with bonds that I wont speculate on because its beyond my skill level but it only makes sense that eventually those yields are going to get bought down, soon as we see a turn.

I suppose that means sideways consolidation waiting for a move, earnings wont necessarily help, good or bad with the direction were going but I assume it will be up eventually.

If anyone disagrees feel free to enlighten me.