Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Those 4 and 5% dividend yield Boomer stocks aren't looking so bad anymore, are they?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
08:30 *(US) MAR CPI M/M: 1.2% V 1.2%E; Y/Y: 8.5% V 8.4%E
- CPI (ex-food/energy) M/M: 0.3% v 0.5%e; Y/Y: 6.5% v 6.6%e

08:30 (US) Mar Real Avg Hourly Earning Y/Y: -2.7% v -2.5% prior; Real Avg Weekly Earnings Y/Y: -3.6% v -2.2% prior

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Welp, i just got fucked. Nice extraordinarily elevated CPI number.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Welp, i just got fucked. Nice extraordinarily elevated CPI number.
You havent been paying attention to how politics works. When the number is going to be less shitty than expected you leak that it is going to be terrible and then people are prepared for that and then say "oh thats not so bad, those chaps in DC are doing great".

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NBC must not have gotten the memo. They aren't framing the inflation number in a positive light.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm so glad my monthly purchases of vehicles went down 3% that's a lot of iphones i can now buy instead.

• 1Worf

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Don't have time to stay at PC but just wanted to note I purchased 240 shares of QQQ this morning.

Sold MPC and MRK (big gains) Sold VZ (FU VZ) Closed a bunch of options for pennies. Moving $ money from what has been working to what hasn't been working. Is this wise? Toon in for the next episode of "Blazin's Trades" to find out

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right.

• 1Worf
  • 1Blown

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
lol ethanol as a control on gas prices. Hows that supposed to work? the price goes down a little, but fuel efficiency also goes down so you have to buy more. Meanwhile food prices go up. Go Brandon!

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks like all the "it isn't so bad" buyers this morning just let it sink in that inflation is running at 8.5%
Yeah it is so bad.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Biden press conference this afternoon on how he is going to improve prices. Be afraid.

Edit - more ethanol. Worried about good shortages? Just use it to make gas.

cliff notes are already out on white house website. Some glorious things. Don't use your oil lease, we'll seize it! Want canola oil during a major world food oil shortage? Too bad, we will make E85 jet fuel with canola oil.

How hard is it to suspend the gas tax and look for ways to encourage production. SMH.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
cliff notes are already out on white house website. Some glorious things. Don't use your oil lease, we'll seize it! Want canola oil during a major world food oil shortage? Too bad, we will make E85 jet fuel with canola oil.

How hard is it to suspend the gas tax and look for ways to encourage production. SMH.
I don't believe suspending a tax can be done via EO. That's the problem with that. Correction. I know it can't be done via EO. It needs Congress.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just a reminder that Market is closed on Friday. So Thursday is D-Day this week.

• 1Mother of God