Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 2 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Where’s the limit down on this bitch? 😂

It'll probably hover around $200/share like that price is the bin for faang stocks that fall from grace. (FB)

They really made a mistake upping their prices with a huge influx of new streaming services.

Also, wasn't mentioned here but it happened yesterday and what also happened at the same time was quite interesting.

Twitter
1650465130122.png

DWAC
1650465107115.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This Fed speak drives me bonkers.

10:36 (US) Fed's Evans (dove, non-voter): "Good reason to think the special factors causing high inflation will stop going up"

Sounds awfully a lot like "transitory" without saying transitory all over again.

• 1Clown World
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This Fed speak drives me bonkers.

10:36 (US) Fed's Evans (dove, non-voter): "Good reason to think the special factors causing high inflation will stop going up"

Sounds awfully a lot like "transitory" without saying transitory all over again.
Have they ever mentioned what "special factors" they think are causing inflation? If so, it's all empty rhetoric.

They likely won't ever admit that the money injections are the real problem.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Have they ever mentioned what "special factors" they think are causing inflation? If so, it's all empty rhetoric.

They likely won't ever admit that the money injections are the real problem.
Do they have to admit that money injections are the real problem?

It's like people needing to be told that breathing in smoke is bad for your lungs.

Of course the money injections are the problem. Too much money is chasing too few goods.

Usually when the government injects money into the market, as they have been for the past 20 years, it just gives it to banks. This takes forever to trickle down to mainstreet and the average consumer.

This time the government actually gave money to people and businesses who need it, along with a whole bunch who didn't need it. Producers are still not producing and delivering the number of goods they were pre-pandemic. Some of this lowered production and delivery appears to be logistical and some appears to be intentional.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
classic mist defending the government for not speaking plainly, and blaming the stupid stupid plebeians for wondering why their government isn't speaking plainly

what a cunty defense

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's also completely disingenuous to say "they've done this before many times" when it's never even been remotely at this scale before.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This seems absolutely toxic. Gaming forum related:

11:29 [SONY] Reportedly planning to let advertisers to buy in-game AD space - press

• 3Rustled
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
classic mist defending the government for not speaking plainly, and blaming the stupid stupid plebeians for wondering why their government isn't speaking plainly

what a cunty defense
I think it's a safe assumption that someone reading the minutes of a Fed meeting would have an econ 101 education. Also the Fed isn't the elected government.

The Fed needs more accountability, but I don't know with which mechanism you can do that without making the Fed entirely political which would be even worse for the stability of the dollar than the situation we have now.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think it's a safe assumption that someone reading the minutes of a Fed meeting would have an econ 101 education. Also the Fed isn't the elected government.

The Fed needs more accountability, but I don't know with which mechanism you can do that without making the Fed entirely political which would be even worse for the stability of the money supply than the situation we have now.

who gives a fuck you're arguing for lies because you're fucking crazy

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it's a brilliant move personally.
I imagine a polar bear in dun morough drinking a bottle of coke with its idle animation.

Of course, the Internet ruins everything and there will be rule 34 on every billboard if possible.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users