Investing General Discussion

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
This has to be an overcorrection for Netflix.

Bagholders on facebook still waiting for it to fill the gap that was clearly an overreaction.

1650470079563.png

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Can't help myself. Buying netflix here. Hasn't been this low since 2017, and I think this an overcorrection. Can always average down if it dives more.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Paper Hands
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can't help myself. Buying netflix here. Hasn't been this low since 2017, and I think this an overcorrection. Can always average down if it dives more.
Seems to me like a business model that wasn't sustainable due to first mover advantage in an industry where everyone else owned all the IP.

And worse is that they decided this was the time to start jacking up prices and going after users sharing account information, to try to recapture revenue.

What exactly does Netflix bring that others cannot? If equities were actually based on PE ratios or cash flow anymore, I'd expect that we'd seen the top on Netflix.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The low pricing of Netflix drew me in with my laziness. Perfectly happy to go back to full IP Torrent / BTN downloads if necessary.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Zzen

Potato del Grande
I heard NFLX summed up best on Bloomberg this AM, “this is what happens when growth goes ex-growth”.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TSLA double beat. Not much price movement so far.

16:05 [TSLA] Reports Q1 $3.22 v $2.15e, Rev $18.8B v $17.3Be - Source TradeTheNews.com

- Outlook comments: s % (prior: 50%) average annual growth in deliveries. - Volume: We plan to grow our manufacturing capacity as quickly as possible. Over a multi-year horizon, we expect to achieve 50% average annual growth in vehicle deliveries. The rate of growth will depend on our equipment capacity, operational efficiency and the capacity and stability of the supply chain. Our own factories have been running below capacity for several quarters as supply chain became the main limiting factor, which is likely to continue through the rest of 2022. - Product: The pace of production ramps in Austin and Berlin will be influenced by the successful introduction of many new product and manufacturing technologies in new locations and ongoing supply chain related challenges. Factory ramps take time, and Gigafactory Austin and Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg will be no different. We are making progress on the industrialization of Cybertruck, which is currently planned for Austin production subsequent to Model Y ramp. - Profit: While we continue to execute on innovations to reduce the cost of manufacturing and operations, over time, we expect our hardware-related profits to be accompanied with an acceleration of software-related profits - Cash flow: We have sufficient liquidity to fund our product roadmap, long-term capacity expansion plans and other expenses - Model S/X deliveries K v 13.1K q/q (reported Q1 deliveries 14.7K) - Model 3/Y deliveries K v 292.7K q/q (reported Q1 deliveries 295.3K) - FCF $B v $2.78B q/q - GAAP Gross margin 29.1% v 21.3% y/y - adj EBITDA $5.02B v $1.84B y/y - Regulatory Credit $679M v $518M y/y - California and Texas: In April 2022, we began Model Y deliveries from our new factory in Austin, Texas. At our Cyber Rodeo opening party, we delivered the first vehicles with 4680 in-house made cells, single-piece front body castings and structural battery packs. This is an important milestone for our capacity growth efforts. Later this year, we expect Gigafactory Texas will be able to produce Model Ys using both structural packs with 4680 cells as well as non-structural packs with 2170 cells. - Shanghai: While weekly production rates were strong in Q1, a spike in COVID-19 cases in Shanghai resulted in the temporary shutdown of our factory as well as parts of our supply chain. Although limited production has recently restarted, we continue to monitor the situation closely. - Berlin-Brandenburg: Diversification of battery chemistries is critical for long-term capacity growth, to better optimize our products for their various use cases and expand our supplier base. This is why nearly half of Tesla vehicles produced in Q1 were equipped with a lithium iron phosphate (LFP) battery, containing no nickel or cobalt. Currently, LFP batteries are used in most of our standard range vehicle products, as well as commercial energy storage applications. As a result of our energy efficient motors, a Model 3 with an LFP battery pack can still achieve a 267-mile EPA range. - Energy Storage Business: Energy storage deployments increased by 90% YoY in Q1 to 846 MWh, mainly driven by strong Powerwall deployments. As demand remains substantially above capacity, growth has been limited by ongoing supply chain challenges. We are in the process of ramping production at a dedicated Megapack factory to address the growing demand. -Autopilot and Full Self-Driving (FSD): FSD Beta development continued with seven software updates in 2022. Our team continued to work on reducing disengagements, particularly focusing on unprotected left turns and smoothness of the ride through reduction of slowdown events. We are aiming to release FSD Beta to all U.S. FSD customers before the end of this year. Initial release of FSD Beta to some customers in Canada started in March 2022. - Source TradeTheNews.com

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TSLA double beat. Not much price movement so far.

16:05 [TSLA] Reports Q1 $3.22 v $2.15e, Rev $18.8B v $17.3Be - Source TradeTheNews.com

- Outlook comments: s % (prior: 50%) average annual growth in deliveries. - Volume: We plan to grow our manufacturing capacity as quickly as possible. Over a multi-year horizon, we expect to achieve 50% average annual growth in vehicle deliveries. The rate of growth will depend on our equipment capacity, operational efficiency and the capacity and stability of the supply chain. Our own factories have been running below capacity for several quarters as supply chain became the main limiting factor, which is likely to continue through the rest of 2022. - Product: The pace of production ramps in Austin and Berlin will be influenced by the successful introduction of many new product and manufacturing technologies in new locations and ongoing supply chain related challenges. Factory ramps take time, and Gigafactory Austin and Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg will be no different. We are making progress on the industrialization of Cybertruck, which is currently planned for Austin production subsequent to Model Y ramp. - Profit: While we continue to execute on innovations to reduce the cost of manufacturing and operations, over time, we expect our hardware-related profits to be accompanied with an acceleration of software-related profits - Cash flow: We have sufficient liquidity to fund our product roadmap, long-term capacity expansion plans and other expenses - Model S/X deliveries K v 13.1K q/q (reported Q1 deliveries 14.7K) - Model 3/Y deliveries K v 292.7K q/q (reported Q1 deliveries 295.3K) - FCF $B v $2.78B q/q - GAAP Gross margin 29.1% v 21.3% y/y - adj EBITDA $5.02B v $1.84B y/y - Regulatory Credit $679M v $518M y/y - California and Texas: In April 2022, we began Model Y deliveries from our new factory in Austin, Texas. At our Cyber Rodeo opening party, we delivered the first vehicles with 4680 in-house made cells, single-piece front body castings and structural battery packs. This is an important milestone for our capacity growth efforts. Later this year, we expect Gigafactory Texas will be able to produce Model Ys using both structural packs with 4680 cells as well as non-structural packs with 2170 cells. - Shanghai: While weekly production rates were strong in Q1, a spike in COVID-19 cases in Shanghai resulted in the temporary shutdown of our factory as well as parts of our supply chain. Although limited production has recently restarted, we continue to monitor the situation closely. - Berlin-Brandenburg: Diversification of battery chemistries is critical for long-term capacity growth, to better optimize our products for their various use cases and expand our supplier base. This is why nearly half of Tesla vehicles produced in Q1 were equipped with a lithium iron phosphate (LFP) battery, containing no nickel or cobalt. Currently, LFP batteries are used in most of our standard range vehicle products, as well as commercial energy storage applications. As a result of our energy efficient motors, a Model 3 with an LFP battery pack can still achieve a 267-mile EPA range. - Energy Storage Business: Energy storage deployments increased by 90% YoY in Q1 to 846 MWh, mainly driven by strong Powerwall deployments. As demand remains substantially above capacity, growth has been limited by ongoing supply chain challenges. We are in the process of ramping production at a dedicated Megapack factory to address the growing demand. -Autopilot and Full Self-Driving (FSD): FSD Beta development continued with seven software updates in 2022. Our team continued to work on reducing disengagements, particularly focusing on unprotected left turns and smoothness of the ride through reduction of slowdown events. We are aiming to release FSD Beta to all U.S. FSD customers before the end of this year. Initial release of FSD Beta to some customers in Canada started in March 2022. - Source TradeTheNews.com
Those are nice numbers considering the supply chain and China fuckery.

Edit: there were folks who doubted the model 3/Y vehicles but jeebus they're selling the shit out of them. Especially the Y.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Saw this and it really hits the nail on the head and something some of us have discussed here. From an analyst who covers NFLX...

*2) the increasing effects of competition as competitors launch their services globally some of which again may not be focused on piracy or even profitability in the case of Apple or Amazon"

They have large competitors in their space who don't have to worry about their streaming service actually making money.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Saw this and it really hits the nail on the head and something some of us have discussed here. From an analyst who covers NFLX...

*2) the increasing effects of competition as competitors launch their services globally some of which again may not be focused on piracy or even profitability in the case of Apple or Amazon"

They have large competitors in their space who don't have to worry about their streaming service actually making money.
They got this bro.

1650500055509.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Rustled

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have an amazing stock tip, we might be a little late to the party but I think we can still make bank:

You know all the painted cliffs and vault locations in games these days? Which company's paint do you think they favor? Does Sherwin Williams have a Dumbass Gamer Cliff Climb paint line? Anyway I think paint makers will be the bulwark that will see us through the coming recession.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm asking who is buying the shares he sold today.
Some dumb motherfuckers if you ask me. I sold the shit around $525. It's what I love about the market. For every seller there has to be a buyer. Someone is gonna be right and someone is gonna be wrong.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Some dumb motherfuckers if you ask me. I sold the shit around $525. It's what I love about the market. For every seller there has to be a buyer. Someone is gonna be right and someone is gonna be wrong.
ESG is a disease that's eating these companies alive. I've said before that I really wish there was anti-esg funds I could invest in.

• 1Like