Investing General Discussion

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good morning gentlemen.

Feels like an eternity has passed since our last trading day.

Things aren't looking too good. Oil is proven to be very sticky above $100.

1650284290198.png

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Added a few shares of MSFT at 279.85. Maybe it keeps going lower? With that in mind, it was only a few shares.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I've got money for a full position to put somewhere, but nothing really looks appealing.

Looks like I missed the boat on commodity, energy, and health ETF's and has me looking at FTEC. Hindsight being 50/50 and all I wish I'd gotten more into energy when I bought MPC in Nov when Blazin mentioned it. I'm kind of seeing how each sector will have it's own cycle and peak before moving onto something else.

Where's the next cycle moving? Anyone watch these things? Is it as simple as finding the ETF with the deepest 200 MA lag?

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've got money for a full position to put somewhere, but nothing really looks appealing.

Looks like I missed the boat on commodity, energy, and health ETF's and has me looking at FTEC. Hindsight being 50/50 and all I wish I'd gotten more into energy when I bought MPC in Nov when Blazin mentioned it. I'm kind of seeing how each sector will have it's own cycle and peak before moving onto something else.

Where's the next cycle moving? Anyone watch these things? Is it as simple as finding the ETF with the deepest 200 MA lag?
If we look like recession then consumer Staples tends to do well in a downturn. People gotta eat and thru like places that sell cheap groceries. I'm looking at you WMT.

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Fidelity is finally offering trades on ONTTF again. Got mine at 4.52.

I've posted about it before, but this is purely based on the technology rather than any financial details. IMO this is poised to be the next winner in DNA sequencing tech, purely from the technology standpoint.

The current winner is ILMN, and there is tons of government / health care money being spent on DNA sequencing. I think ONTTF will capture a bunch of the market currently served by ILMN.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Bought a couple thousand shares of NILE at .59 this morning for a catalyst play. Assets and revenue outpacing their share price.

Timestamped if interested.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SPY and QQQ dumped after Netflix earnings. Curious if it could be the harbinger of the lost Russia / Ukraine revenues of Q1 earnings season.

Going to be an interesting few weeks. Obviously some companies are completely sheltered from that, but I have a feeling we are going to be hearing a lot about lost assets / income this quarter.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
black-kid-laughing.gif

Goddam, that 6 month NFLX chart will make your dick hard. Gonna be down 60%+ in that timeframe by the opening bell tomorrow lol.
Wasn't our bro Shonuff a big NFLX bill?

Ps.. QQQ down 1% after hours because of the NFLX free fall. Me holding FTEC which doesnt own Comm stocks...

Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

• 1Worf
  • 1Like