Investing General Discussion

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
VTSAX or VFIAX, and add VWIGX if you want any international exposure.

My entire portfolio is in VTSAX.
Thanks, I'll move this shit around!

The Admirals are solid. This is the S&P 500 index...

View attachment 410741

ps.. Target retirement funds tend to suck dick. Buy the S&P 500 and just let it run for 40 years.
Yeah, I'm looking at figuring out how to put money into the S&P 500 as well, these Vanguard things are the only option I have at work. So, I'm thinking a percentage of my income will just auto go to these Vanguard accounts before I'm paid, then I'll manually put another x amount into the S&P 500 (I haven't even started looking into HOW to actually do that). I'm 100% new but think I'm headed the right direction for a sort of "set it and forget it" type set up.

Still have tons to research I'm sure!

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
lmao, inflation is way worse for the poor than the rich. Physical possessions are immune to inflation. What universe did you beam in from
That is one of those things that gets said in the text books but isn’t actually true or is true but only in some circumstances.

currently we are experiencing wage inflation that is the primary thing driving price inflation and that is actually good for the poor. Energy shocks obviously aren’t good for the poor or anyone but those specific capital owners.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Me looking at MTTR getting smashed going into earnings, and thinking about taking a stab at making my money back.

The_Man_in_the_Yellow_Jacket.jpg
no way do not want GIF by CBC

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thanks, I'll move this shit around!

Yeah, I'm looking at figuring out how to put money into the S&P 500 as well, these Vanguard things are the only option I have at work. So, I'm thinking a percentage of my income will just auto go to these Vanguard accounts before I'm paid, then I'll manually put another x amount into the S&P 500 (I haven't even started looking into HOW to actually do that). I'm 100% new but think I'm headed the right direction for a sort of "set it and forget it" type set up.

Still have tons to research I'm sure!
You misunderstood. The Admiral VFIAX Is the S&P 500 index fund. Same thing with a different name.

1651597435103.png

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
That is one of those things that gets said in the text books but isn’t actually true or is true but only in some circumstances.

currently we are experiencing wage inflation that is the primary thing driving price inflation and that is actually good for the poor. Energy shocks obviously aren’t good for the poor or anyone but those specific capital owners.
are you legit in here spewing retarded talking points about wages driving inflation?

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Go with VOO if it's an option. Pretty much the same thing, with an easier foot in the door. I have a sizeable portion of my investment in voo.

VOO has an ever so slightly lower expense ratio (0.03% vs 0.04%). Vanguard has been pushing people towards the ETFs vs mutual funds for a while now. ETFs also have the advantage of trading immediately versus end of day for the funds. I had almost everything in funds for a long time, but when I want to move money around the closing delay is annoying. I've converted almost everything (that is supposed to be in the S&P, anyway) to VOO over the last year, which is not a taxable event even in non-retirement accounts. You do have to call in and have them make the exchange on the phone, though.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
sold tqqq @ 38.90. it all points to breaking through but selling at resistance isn't a bad idea.

Fed shit tomorrow weighs on my mind too much to hold, probably pick it up again after the market knows where its going, negative GDP and bigger gap between jobs and unemployed all lead to the fed *should* slow its roll and see what happens before frontloading rates but I feel they will still go through with the .50 and the market will be mad.

Just my opinion, 9/10 times its wrong but you dont come here to trade my opinions :)

• 2Paper Hands
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes

Especially considering a great Q2 / FY22 guide.

16:10 [AMD] Reports Q1 $1.13 v $0.91e, Rev $5.89B v $5.00Be; Raises FY22 outlook citing higher AMD organic growth and the addition of Xilinx business
- Guides Q2 Rev $6.5B +/- $200M +69% y/y v $5.13Be, non-GAAP gross margin 54% - primarily driven by Xilinx and higher server revenue
- Raises FY22 Rev $26.3B, +60% y/y v $21.5Be, Adj Gross margin 54% (prior Rev $21.5B, +31% y/y, Adj Gross margin 51%)

Perhaps the high PE still holding it back?

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes

Especially considering a great Q2 / FY22 guide.

16:10 [AMD] Reports Q1 $1.13 v $0.91e, Rev $5.89B v $5.00Be; Raises FY22 outlook citing higher AMD organic growth and the addition of Xilinx business
- Guides Q2 Rev $6.5B +/- $200M +69% y/y v $5.13Be, non-GAAP gross margin 54% - primarily driven by Xilinx and higher server revenue
- Raises FY22 Rev $26.3B, +60% y/y v $21.5Be, Adj Gross margin 54% (prior Rev $21.5B, +31% y/y, Adj Gross margin 51%)

Perhaps the high PE still holding it back?
Well our friendo Blazin Blazin would say that PE doesnt matter.

Happy Got You GIF by Bounce

• 1Worf

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Amd is a good company with actual good leadership it is a good buy right now.

I think they will get lost in the wash of the macro factors short term but it is one I keep a close eye on because good leadership and good engineers is a recipe for long term growth

• 1Truth!