Mr. Poopybutthole

1651679743849.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
11:34 (US) Treasury Sec Yellen: Feel quite good about strength of US economy
- Q1 negative GDP print was a negative sign; Final sales grew 3% last quarter I feel is a better read on strength of economy
- America is outperforming other countries
- Inflation is too high and needs to be brought down
- Global economy still presents risks
- Slower growth in Europe could spill over to the US
- Inflation is not deeply ingrained in the US economy, price rises have not influenced medium term expectations; This situation is different than what Volcker faced
- Inflation being slightly driven by historically tight labor
- Remain ready to respond to purposeful devaluations; Dollar has been pushed up in part by higher US Treasury yields
- Asset valuations are high; seen huge increases in housing prices along with high PE ratios in stock markets
- Probably will take more action against Russia if war goes on

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
LOL

"The $869 million Sierra Tactical All Asset Fund -- a so-called fund of funds that invests in mutual funds and exchange-traded funds, held less than 3% in U.S. stocks at the end of April. More than half of the fund is in cash. Fixed-rated bonds accounted for only 1% of its holdings, while commodities made up more than 9%. The rest of the portfolio is spread across assets including floating-rate bonds, foreign stocks and master limited partnerships.

It’s paying off this year. The fund has lost 2.3% in 2022, beating 91% of its peers tracked by Bloomberg."

Yes, paying off indeed. It likely never pays anything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is the real takeaway from that article:

Such a conservative approach helps it limit losses in a market downturn. But it also hurts performance when the market goes straight up -- which it mostly has since the 2008 crisis. The fund returned 2.4% annually over the past five years

• 7Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 8 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I read some of that article. Guy seems like a typical ZH retard, can’t take any loses if you always just hold cash and then brag that you didn’t take losses but not mention you missed most of the gains too. That to me isn’t an investing strategy.
I see this sentiment a lot. Just because someone is a bear or has a bearish outlook doesn't make them a retard. One could argue that the markets are so irrational with the Fed fuckery that the bears could be correct but the Fed and friends are just gaming the system.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
11:34 (US) Treasury Sec Yellen: Feel quite good about strength of US economy
- Q1 negative GDP print was a negative sign; Final sales grew 3% last quarter I feel is a better read on strength of economy
- America is outperforming other countries
- Inflation is too high and needs to be brought down
- Global economy still presents risks
- Slower growth in Europe could spill over to the US
- Inflation is not deeply ingrained in the US economy, price rises have not influenced medium term expectations; This situation is different than what Volcker faced
- Inflation being slightly driven by historically tight labor
- Remain ready to respond to purposeful devaluations; Dollar has been pushed up in part by higher US Treasury yields
- Asset valuations are high; seen huge increases in housing prices along with high PE ratios in stock markets
- Probably will take more action against Russia if war goes on
Those God Damned PE ratios again.

I guess Yellen wants to wait until inflation is 12% before admitting we are in the same situation that Volcker faced.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Market running a bit on the back of a positive GDP revision. Anything positive is good after the last GDP miss.

11:51 (US) Atlanta Fed GDPNow: raises Q2 GDP forecast to 2.2% from 1.6%

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Market running a bit on the back of a positive GDP revision. Anything positive is good after the last GDP miss.

11:51 (US) Atlanta Fed GDPNow: raises Q2 GDP forecast to 2.2% from 1.6%

Print mo' money, so there will be mo' money!

Inflation is just a tool to raise GDP right? RIGHT!?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Friendly reminder. FOMC notes at 2pm (rate hike / balance sheet). Then the Q&A at 2:30pm

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
14:00 *(US) FOMC RAISES TARGET RANGE BY 50 BPS TO 0.75-1.00% (AS EXPECTED); EXPECTS 'ONGOING' INCREASES IN RATES WILL BE APPROPRIATE
- IOER raised to 0.90% v 0.90%e
- Vote was unanimous
- Balance sheet runoff to begin June 1st at $47.5B/mo; To phase in over three months (as expected); To rise to $95B/mo after three months
- Initial monthly Treasury bond runoff cap at $30B/mo and $17.5B/mo for MBS; Will rise to $60B/mo Treasury cap and $35B/mo for MBS in three months
- Intends to slow and then stop the decline in the size of the balance sheet when reserve balances are somewhat above the level it judges to be consistent with ample reserves
- China COVID lockdowns will exacerbate supply chain issues; Implication of Ukraine war is highly uncertain for US economy
- Fed remains 'highly attentive to inflation risks'

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
14:00 *(US) FOMC RAISES TARGET RANGE BY 50 BPS TO 0.75-1.00% (AS EXPECTED); EXPECTS 'ONGOING' INCREASES IN RATES WILL BE APPROPRIATE - IOER raised to 0.90% v 0.90%e
- Vote was unanimous
- Balance sheet runoff to begin June 1st at $47.5B/mo; To phase in over three months (as expected); To rise to $95B/mo after three months
- Initial monthly Treasury bond runoff cap at $30B/mo and $17.5B/mo for MBS; Will rise to $60B/mo Treasury cap and $35B/mo for MBS in three months
No surprises. I"m shocked not a single vote for a 75 basis point raise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Basically the Hike and Balance runoff was inline with expectations. No surprises, hence relatively flat action.

The Q&A could produce some tradeable action. Nothing here for me so far.