Investing General Discussion

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
It's really amazing. Between him and Yellen it's a whole lot of denial about things that are incredibly obvious. From "transitory inflation" to "we don't see signs of a recession," it's all just bullshit coming from them.
When you realize that everything they do is on purpose, it begins to make sense.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
See and this is why Bears are so fucked. The Fed flat out refuses to address inflation seriously because Markets > Economy. Piss on Bears all you like but they aren't wrong, they are just fighting a losing battle and against Powell and the Fed.

*Blazin enters the chat*

man prevails GIF

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
When you realize that everything they do is on purpose, it begins to make sense.
They can still do whatever they want. I just don't get the lying about stuff that anyone who would actually listen to the Fed knows isn't true.

It's not like Biden lying about something so CNN can run a soundbyte. No one who actually makes an effort to listen to the Fed is stupid enough to believe the shit they're spewing.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They can still do whatever they want. I just don't get the lying about stuff that anyone who would actually listen to the Fed knows isn't true.

It's not like Biden lying about something so CNN can run a soundbyte. No one who actually makes an effort to listen to the Fed is stupid enough to believe the shit they're spewing.
No. 99% of the US don't even know who the Fed is. Another 0.9% know what they are but have no idea what they are talking about when they speak.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
praise this fed, and hopefully this rally runs awhile so i can..get..out..of..this..GD margin

• 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
No. 99% of the US don't even know who the Fed is. Another 0.9% know what they are but have no idea what they are talking about when they speak.
That's the point I'm making?

The only people who know who the Fed are, who are paying attention to these announcements, are in tune enough with how it all works to know what the Fed is saying is bullshit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The Fed is really fucking good at what they do. They've kept the dollar strong and stable when compared with all other world currencies despite 50 years of absolutely reckless spending and broken government, and despite tons of political pressure from multiple presidents trying to use the Fed to pump the gas to get them through to the next election.

The treasury has record tax revenues, we're actually going to put a significant dent in the deficit for the first time in 6 years, unemployment numbers are great, the economy is literally running out of people willing to work, and we might have a mild recession, engineered on purpose.

Our government sucks and our central bank also sucks, but basically everyone else's sucks a lot more, especially when you take a decade's long view of things. America's system might not be perfect, but in the end you've just gotta be the least retarded gazelle to outrun the cheetahs.

Last edited:
  • 1Pants on Fire!
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
That's the point I'm making?

The only people who know who the Fed are, who are paying attention to these announcements, are in tune enough with how it all works to know what the Fed is saying is bullshit.
I dunno, my sister randomly started a conversation about the fed and inflation today when I visited. I talked her into giving a run down of what the fed even does and she actually got it mostly right. I was fucking shocked. Maybe normies are waking up to what a shitshow this economy is.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sold covered calls on my TWTR shares at $55 strike for 20 cent premium. Yes, the shares are only worth $54.20. God I love the market sometimes.

• 2Worf

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Guess a lot of people held through the open after buying the rally and are pretty mad. Lots of anger at "them."

I wouldn't be shocked at all to find out the rally was purely retail driven and the subsequent sell off.