Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even though all the prior medical info says this isnt the case. Its a low transmission virus.
UK is calling for 21 day quarantine when around a high risk exposure.

Eight countries in Europe, including Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and the UK, have reported cases. The WHO said most are mild, but warned the disease can be more severe, especially in young children, pregnant women, and individuals who are immunocompromised.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Even though all the prior medical info says this isnt the case. Its a low transmission virus.
Spread to quite a few people in short order. Either there was some sick gang-bangs or this can be transmitted through means other than sexually communicated. Since this is the adult form I'll just limit myself to saying its hard to make a determination so far. Could be either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Lockdown 5.0?

10:00 (EU) EU ECDC: Sees high chance for monkeypox virus to spread through close contact
utter fucking bullshit. fucking miami herald literally reported i guess prior to the fear monger algorithm. requires intense personal contact with a person with lesion and contact with said lesions.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Fuck a faggot ass money pox. Top is getting ready to blow off of this market.

Gay bears have officially been put on notice.

Disclaimer: I am talking out of my ass because I am tired of hearing everyone on Bloomberg pumping their shorts.

• 1Worf

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tech hasn't really had any bad any earnings from the slow down minus Facebook and Netflix which i feel are from the emergence of tiktok and netflix being a woke shit show.

As bad as it feels to hear the bears pumping, it's really inevitable. Stock market going to do stock market things in-between but next earnings is going to be really bad...

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tech hasn't really had any bad any earnings from the slow down minus Facebook and Netflix which i feel are from the emergence of tiktok and netflix being a woke shit show.

As bad as it feels to hear the bears pumping, it's really inevitable. Stock market going to do stock market things in-between but next earnings is going to be really bad...
I feel the need to point out that even with every single possible headwind being thrown at the market (Famine, Plague, War, Biden) it is still 60% above where it was at the March 2020 low. That is 60% in two years or 3x the annual historical return of the S&P 500. Y'all kids have just been spoiled the last decade or so.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I feel the need to point out that even with every single possible headwind being thrown at the market (Famine, Plague, War, Biden) it is still 60% above where it was at the March 2020 low. That is 60% in two years or 3x the annual historical return of the S&P 500. Y'all kids have just been spoiled the last decade or so.
That's only useful if you were in the market 2 years ago.

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
It's not other people's fault as to when you timed your entry into the market. Stonks always go up in the long run but there are no guarantees in the short term.
Who's blaming other people for my market timing? All I'm saying is historical comparisons aren't particularly relevant to current conditions, anymore than comparing 1987 Black Monday is relevant to today.

Time in market is no guarantee either, other than general indexes. Compare Ford prices in 2000 compared to now for evidence. Not exactly a high-risk flyer, Ford stock, and yet...

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's only useful if you were in the market 2 years ago.
Not really from a long term view. The point is that even with all this shit we are facing the market is still not in "crash mode". While it seems like it, I dont feel it is. Or put another way, I have lost faith in the overall market yet. If we were to erase the last two years gains. I would be more worried. The QQQ was at $230 the day before shit started going downhill so if we drop another 22% in the QQQ then I will get intently concerned.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Who's blaming other people for my market timing? All I'm saying is historical comparisons aren't particularly relevant to current conditions, anymore than comparing 1987 Black Monday is relevant to today.

Time in market is no guarantee either, other than general indexes. Compare Ford prices in 2000 compared to now for evidence. Not exactly a high-risk flyer, Ford stock, and yet...
You took the bait, friendo. and from Mist of all people.

Embarrassed Shame GIF

• 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Look, all we need to know is when Blazin drops his Scrooge McDuck bags.

• 1Truth!

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tech has held up really well, theres no doubt about that but like I said, there hasn't REALLY been any actual reason to dump these shares yet other than the bleeding thats been going on since January. It's all been speculation that X is going to do Y from the fed.

There's definitely signs of demand destruction going on with Target/Walmart/Amazon etc and I don't see how this doesn't dip into Apple, AMD, NVDA, TSLA, MSFT and INTC.

We didn't even get the slowdown in China in Apple's earnings for Q1.

I'll never say Tech is dead and it's never coming back because it can and will, providing of course someone actually turns the fucking wheel away from the iceberg that the US economy is heading towards. In all reality it's hard to believe that inevitably someone WONT try to do something to change course.

The slow bleed is just the anxiety of the slowdown and demand destruction people are speculating on.

The reality is, the fed's rate hikes aren't even affecting these companies yet, if they ever will. What's going on right now is all due to inflation eating into our pockets with rent and every day necessities. Upgrading PC's and buying a VR headset isn't even in the same universe of what's important for the consumer right now.

Tax returns for the poor families has been out for 2-3 months now, with no sign of any helicopter money coming anytime soon with gas prices hitting new highs every day.

Assuming we can naturally push to higher highs without QE, helicopter money, cheap energy, and easy access to near zero rates on mortgages for rentals in the next decade is just unreasonable.

We also don't even have access to all of the world markets we have had for the past decade, Russia for good or bad is still a net negative for global trade.

The ceiling is lower and the hill to climb to that ceiling is even steeper than its ever been.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mist has been so salty lately.
I'm as pessimistic about the future of this country and of humanity in general as the bulk of the posters on this forum, and only for slightly different reasons, but with drastically different prescriptions for turnaround.