<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
How did this work out for you today?

Thankfully, I don't count my wins and losses by the day 😁

Edit: really bad day for my inverse etfs, comparatively much better day for my crypto? /shrug it will all change next week. For me it's a marathon not a sprint

Last edited:
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bought sqqq before the leg up before close so you're not alone.

I bought based on the 20* day resistance that had plagued the q's for months.

Monday morning futures is gonna be interesting.

Last edited:

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Its hard to wrap my head around not riding sqqq/spxu in this environment. I like investments that make the number go up rather than down.

Obviously there will be green days and it'll hurt for a day or two. Do we sit around laughing at bulls every time theres a red day? In both cases it just takes a little patience to ride it out. Bullishness isnt some kind of morally superior position, its just guessing the line will move in one direction instead of the other.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Different strokes for different folks. If shorting is your thing then have at it. I prefer the other side of the trade.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider

No different than any random joe predicting the market based on the 1 minute chart on any particular day.

At some point you just got to think for yourself. The talking heads change their tune on a daily basis.

The fed wants a recession, it's the only way to combat inflation. They are willing to see unemployment tick up because it's low to begin with, until we get to depression levels of unemployment i don't see them reversing course.

• 1Seriously?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
No different than any random joe predicting the market based on the 1 minute chart on any particular day.

At some point you just got to think for yourself. The talking heads change their tune on a daily basis.

The fed wants a recession, it's the only way to combat inflation. They are willing to see unemployment tick up because it's low to begin with, until we get to depression levels of unemployment i don't see them reversing course.
Also unemployment can hit different sectors differently if the recession is a manufactured one. At the way things are going with the collapse in the tech sector and tightening of new investments, I can imagine a job market in the near future where <40% of college STEM grads can't find a job while Dunkin Donuts is paying 18 dollars an hour to any mouthbreather who walks in the door. Obviously that wouldn't last, but it would still be a serious WTF in the short term.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Also unemployment can hit different sectors differently if the recession is a manufactured one. At the way things are going with the collapse in the tech sector and tightening of new investments, I can imagine a job market in the near future where <40% of college STEM grads can't find a job while Dunkin Donuts is paying 18 dollars an hour to any mouthbreather who walks in the door. Obviously that wouldn't last, but it would still be a serious WTF in the short term.
I have been thinking about this and if we continue on this trajectory for a year or two more, I might retire and then take one of those shitty min wage jobs for $20 an hour. No responsibility, shitpost on FOH all day while ignoring customers, and put 50% of my salary into maxing out my 401k. The math really isnt all that bad to be honest.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users