Investing General Discussion

fris

Vyemm Raider
Was wondering why my Tesla shares lost their cost basis

Side effect, Avaya is now my highest % gain stock in my Roth ... 126%

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Why, what prospects does Avaya have that the "experts" are missing?
I've already said that it's got no longterm prospects unless the new CEO is literally magic. It's just worth a whole lot more than it is right now. 90,000 companies depend on it for daily operations, including over 20% of F500 companies. Yet it lost 98% of its value in a month I called the floor pretty fucking well. I have no idea where it will settle at, but even 3 dollars is a heck of a lot of upside from where we are. It's up another 18% today and I sold my position yesterday.

It's yet another stock like GameStop that got shorted into oblivion and has a big upside especially if the shortsqueeze meme dream is real.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
Was wondering why my Tesla shares lost their cost basis

Side effect, Avaya is now my highest % gain stock in my Roth ... 126%
1661437937630.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
I've already said that it's got no longterm prospects unless the new CEO is literally magic. It's just worth a whole lot more than it is right now. 90,000 companies depend on it for daily operations, including over 20% of F500 companies. Yet it lost 98% of its value. I called the floor pretty fucking well. I have no idea where it will settle at, but even 2 dollars is a heck of a lot of upside from where we are. It's up another 18% today and I sold my position yesterday.

It's yet another stock like GameStop that got shorted into oblivion and has a big upside especially if the shortsqueeze meme dream is real.
I think the risk you aren't considering (and tbh I havent looked at their financials to gauge the chance of it happening) is that they declare bankruptcy with a re-org plan and fuck all the shareholders.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I think the risk you aren't considering (and tbh I havent looked at their financials to gauge the chance of it happening) is that they declare bankruptcy with a re-org plan and fuck all the shareholders.
People who've looked at their debt say they have cash on hand to service their debt for at least a year. They went into chapter 11 back in 2017 so we've already seen what happens there.

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
People who've looked at their debt say they have cash on hand to service their debt for at least a year. They went into chapter 11 back in 2017 so we've already seen what happens there.
You made me look it up.
*in millions
EBITDA $635
AR $825
Cash $498

AP $295
LTD $3,060
Free Cash Flow ($74)

So $3b in LTD on EBITDA of $635m. Roughly 5x debt to EBITDA
Negative cash flows but not debilitating at this point.

The real question is how much are they paying in debt service. That debt to EBITDA ratio is bad but it doesnt look on paper like they are drowning (depending on the debt service).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
You made me look it up.
*in millions
EBITDA $635
AR $825
Cash $498

AP $295
LTD $3,060
Free Cash Flow ($74)

So $3b in LTD on EBITDA of $635m. Roughly 5x debt to EBITDA
Negative cash flows but not debilitating at this point.

The real question is how much are they paying in debt service. That debt to EBITDA ratio is bad but it doesnt look on paper like they are drowning (depending on the debt service).
1661449249404.png

You probably know better what this all means.

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
View attachment 429819

You probably know better what this all means.
Tldr: there is an assload of fuckery going on. If they convert those notes to equity in Oct its creates a dilution. It sounds like tons of synthetic shares currently being traded. Im not saying there isn't an opportunity for profit, but I would avoid being too greedy. I expect when this things turns south, it will do so in a nano second.

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
SPIR +17% on the Wall Street Journal article showing them being one of only two players in the industry space.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
AVYA 5 day gain of +131.47%, if I had any courage in my convictions I'd be retired by now. :)

At least I got 5 free paychecks out of it.

• 3Tendies
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
This is my one pure speculation trade. When it was a buck 40 a share or so earlier this week I bought a couple hundred.
Same. Only i own a few more than a couple of hundred :)

I like the company and the model and they are nearly profitable. Losing about $1 a share and shrinking. Earth orbit/space is one heck of a moat.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Same. Only i own a few more than a couple of hundred :)

I like the company and the model and they are nearly profitable. Losing about $1 a share and shrinking. Earth orbit/space is one heck of a moat.
Still loosing $1 (like ~50%?) a share? Owch! Where you looking to hold it a while or did you buy in at the beginning of the year and get stuck?