Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Still loosing $1 (like ~50%?) a share? Owch! Where you looking to hold it a while or did you buy in at the beginning of the year and get stuck?
I had it from its early days as a SPAC. Flipped out of it when it broke $16 and banked lots of profits. Took the profits and started buying around $5. My cost basis is just under $3 at this point. So yeah I am underwater but i am riding this one out until it moves up or i see something that fundamentally changes my opinion of it. About 2/3rds of my investment are profits reinvested so im not out "too" much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I cant wait for the digging into this one.

The student in this case was able to raise the paltry sum of $27M from friends and family to throw down on this BBBY play.

His immediate family includes big pharma executives and hedge fund managers. He spent his teen years interning over the summer and hedge funds.

Rich get richer I guess?

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
The student in this case was able to raise the paltry sum of $27M from friends and family to throw down on this BBBY play.

His immediate family includes big pharma executives and hedge fund managers. He spent his teen years interning over the summer and hedge funds.

Rich get richer I guess?
Its how the 1% stay the 1%

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'm sure by the end of the day they'll have talked themselves into this all being bullish again. See, high inflation now means lower inflation in the future! Large hikes in Sep means smaller hikes in the future! Economic shitshow now means the future can only be brighter, buy buy buy

• 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
If past JP speeches are anny indicator then we will be green by the end of today but next week is -10%

• 1Worf

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I keep accidentally making money on market timing. My wife and I are still shopping for houses and we took a big chunk out at SPY $420 in the last couple days in preparation for a down payment. Now I'm tempted to wait and just put it back in...

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>

Rich get richer I guess?
Welcome to the party, comrade.

Animated GIF

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Jumping into NVDIA on this gloomy day. Let me pray to neon gods that I found the bottom and sail back to the promised land. Wish me luck, comrades.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Just sold QQQ 295 put contracts. Selling out near top of move feels good about right now. This is my first leg in to start taking advantage of the alpha gaining on market. I want to be cautious though, I'm at about break even on the year which really hurts being August but I'll take break even over red any day. Just 4 contracts so far, want to see what early next week brings.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Put an order in to buy some T at $17.50. Almost 6.5% dividend yield and its dividend payment is only about 40% of free cash. They dumped $50b in debt with the WBD deal. Its still a debt laden pig, but its got the cash flows to unfuck itself if they can just stop trying to get into other markets and just dominate the cellphone industry. Also put an order in to buy some more PLTR at $7.50

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Market going to give back all those July gains this week?
I think I meant August...and almost.

I imagine next week will be a fucking bloodbath. We're going to test some new lows in September and October. Thinking 3500 in September and into the toilet where we start worrying if we hold 3000 by the end of October.