Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
$TLT does look attractive down here.
I dont know that I have ever seen a short like this on the TLT.

1666722962988.png

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Debating buying back in on GOOG and MSFT, GOOG PE down under 20 now.

I do think today is a green day, USD falling pretty hard and usually mornings that start like that seem to end up green.

Molten Core Raider
I'll be honest. When you first linked the channel, I wasnt all that impressed, but in light of this most recent...exposure? I'm subbed!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Vyemm Raider
there's some high points in her daily updates, I find it an uplifting start to my day

• 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Meta diving but the earnings call must have had some bad news since revenue growth + user beat doesn’t seem to equal a 20% drop even with eps missing.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Anyone know why natural gas futures just went up like 10%?

sure would be nice if it stays up there til tomorrow morning

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The thing I recommend everyone thinking of dip buying META to consider is the forward PE. Right now the ttm PE is 9.4 (this assumes you drop the Q3 2021 EPS and replace it with this new Q3 EPS. 9.4 PE is a buy in my opinion. BUT.... You need to look forward to next quarter. That Q4 EPS of 3.67 is gonna drop off and be replaced by the Q4 2022 earnings. Then you need to do the math and figure out they will be in 3 months. Unless they do some crazy earnings next quarter, the PE will most likely jump.

I have nearly a full position in META so for me to consider filling it down here around $100 is less a gamble than someone opening a position. I already have the sunk cost. The aftermarket price is now in the Dec 2015 range. Five years from now this is likely to be a good pickup here. It also could be a shitty pickup for the next year or two while it gets to that 5-year mark.

Good Luck

1666824164077.png

Forgot to add, I dropped an order after hours at $103.25 looking at that 2016 support line just above $100. If it doesnt hold here then $80 is probably the next stop on the fire sale.

1666824863258.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I’m currently going through a divorce so I haven’t been able to invest for the last couple of months.

Sitting on $9,000 for my SEP and another $10k in my individual.

QQ’in hard at all these bottoms.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
The thing I recommend everyone thinking of dip buying META to consider is the forward PE. Right now the ttm PE is 9.4 (this assumes you drop the Q3 2021 EPS and replace it with this new Q3 EPS. 9.4 PE is a buy in my opinion. BUT.... You need to look forward to next quarter. That Q4 EPS of 3.67 is gonna drop off and be replaced by the Q4 2022 earnings. Then you need to do the math and figure out they will be in 3 months. Unless they do some crazy earnings next quarter, the PE will most likely jump.

I have nearly a full position in META so for me to consider filling it down here around $100 is less a gamble than someone opening a position. I already have the sunk cost. The aftermarket price is now in the Dec 2015 range. Five years from now this is likely to be a good pickup here. It also could be a shitty pickup for the next year or two while it gets to that 5-year mark.

Good Luck

View attachment 439952

Forgot to add, I dropped an order after hours at $103.25 looking at that 2016 support line just above $100. If it doesnt hold here then $80 is probably the next stop on the fire sale.

View attachment 439953
Declining Rev overrides valuation imo. You can't just buy META because of valuation, it's a classic value trap right now. To invest here you have to believe that they are going halt the declining revenues and start growing again. Price is telling us "something wicked this way comes" markets can be wrong but I have no inside edge to determine their future. I don't even use their services.

It "seems" over done but that makes me think more about what I might not know about it's future than wanting to dive in.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Declining Rev overrides valuation imo. You can't just buy META because of valuation, it's a classic value trap right now. To invest here you have to believe that they are going halt the declining revenues and start growing again. Price is telling us "something wicked this way comes" markets can be wrong but I have no inside edge to determine their future. I don't even use their services.

It "seems" over done but that makes me think more about what I might not know about it's future than wanting to dive in.

anecdotal but in the small business community in my neck of the woods much less effort (let alone money) is being put into facebook and instagram because customers of all ages say they are quiting/cutting way back on social media

This metaverse stuff is a joke - I'd bet my daughter's generation is going to shame/shun social media and tech obsession (as it correctly stands) for a sort of new technological 'back to the land' movement

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users