Investing General Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Im willing to bet the creditors are going to sit on the board and refinance the deal. They will lose too much if they go Ch 11.
They've already gone through Chapter 11 once and became property of their creditors.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1675175733070.png

Well not everything.

RIP INTC

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Buckle up boys. META earnings tomorrow plus Janet Powell and then Thursday we get AAPL, GOOGL, AMZN.

Married At First Sight Lol GIF by Lifetime

• 2Like
  • 1Diamond Hands
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Who knew an app built around sexting isnt very profitable.
I honestly hate the shit. It allows kids to hid way too much shit from parents. And unless you get all your kids parents to agree to scrap it, you make your kid a pariah because it is the only chat app they use.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I honestly hate the shit. It allows kids to hid way too much shit from parents. And unless you get all your kids parents to agree to scrap it, you make your kid a pariah because it is the only chat app they use.
Think about it this way.

Once you give your kid internet access, there are only two outcomes. Either:

Your kid is smart enough to evade whatever restrictions you place on their internet usage, making them pointless.

Or

They're not, and you now have to admit you have a stupid kid.

• 1Worf
  • 1Beagling
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Why the hell would that be a feature? Other than allowing the user to perform clearly mischievous stuff.
"allowing the user to perform clearly mischievous stuff." - Exaclty

"Why the hell would that be a feature? " - Its not a feature. Its the only purpose the app has.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Why the hell would that be a feature? Other than allowing the user to perform clearly mischievous stuff.
The app's entire purpose is for sending and receiving sexual/illegal messages/pictures with no paper trail for random people to stumble upon.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is the same as the "why do you need encryption if you have nothing to hide from the government?" argument.

aka a bad one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
My point is, why would an app like that reach critical mass? I understand for niche purposes, but not something that would be a mass revenue generator. But looking at the stock, I guess, answers that question.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My point is, why would an app like that reach critical mass? I understand for niche purposes, but not something that would be a mass revenue generator. But looking at the stock, I guess, answers that question.
For the same reason people were just complaining about the other big tech companies. In a market where everyone is stealing and selling your data, being inherently privacy focused is a niche.

It should be subscription-based, even if the subscription is cheap. That would make it way harder for kids to use it, and generate way more revenue.