Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Don't fuck it up. This was the breaking point in my relationship with my mother. When I finally was allowed to get my permit, she had a complete mental breakdown on a totally uneventful 10 mile trip along a nearly empty rural stretch of highway, and then never took me driving again. She made me get my permit 5 more times, only to never take me driving again. It completely shattered my confidence in everything about my life, only to later realize that was entirely intentional on my mother's part. I have never really recovered from that.

Lesson: Don't pass your anxieties onto your kids, they've got enough of their own.

PS: My mom was an absolutely terrible driver. Not so much on the roads, but a true terror in parking lots.
I internalize most of it. We are in the phase of teaching her it isnt as easy as it looks from the backseat. "Idon't understand why its so hard to keep the car in the lane, we are just going straight." It doesnt help that Long Island is a shitshow that allows everyone to park on the street so you are constantly crossing the middle line to go around parked cars while dodging oncoming traffic in residential areas.

I found a place near the Sound that is one-way and two lanes with almost no traffic and 35 mph speeds. It lets her drive a few miles in each direction to build up some continuous time behind the wheel. Its like driving a 35mph Nascar track. Its absolutely dead in winter.

1675630998456.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I saw that, it was weird. The government raised the subsidies, which is what Elon has been wanting, and then he just raises the prices to compensate. Must be supply constrained?
Nope. Pure unadulterated greed.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I always know the market is red for the morning when there are no posts in this thread. Weird stuff.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So searching for a stock symbol shows one for Life Storage. "We're not for sale," their CFO might want to let the board know what publicly traded means.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So searching for a stock symbol shows one for Life Storage. "We're not for sale," their CFO might want to let the board know what publicly traded means.
Im pretty sure the board told them no twice and then Public decided to take it public. Honestly, all stock purchases have never thrilled me.