Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So it looks like the SPY 200-DMA still needs some time to turn upwards. 50 and 100 are looking good. Notice we bounced off that test of intermediate resistance at $417

1675781635068.png

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Gee I wonder how we got here?

ePacket

In 2011, the U.S. Postal Service made special agreements with the national postal carriers of China and Hong Kong (and subsequently South Korea and Singapore) to allow tracking-enabled packages not exceeding 36” or weighing over 4.4 pounds to be sent to the U.S. for extremely low rates. They called this shipping option the ePacket, and the rates are so low that it's cheaper to ship small parcels from China to an American city than it is to send that same parcel domestically. As Amazon’s Vice President of Global Policy Paul Misener pointed out:

“The cost to ship a one-pound package from South Carolina to New York City would run nearly $6; from Beijing to NYC: $3.66.”
They take every conceivable action to fuck American industry and get you to purchase overseas.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
I just got back from lunch. I guess Janet said dovish things?

He’s got that “gee-shucks / just got my dick sucked” Brookings Institute vibe about him today.

They really need to put him in mothballs. Dude is a fucking clown devoid of any credibility at this point.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So I'm thinking of rebalancing my ROTH to be basically just 1/3rd SPY, 1/3rd FLPSX, and 1/3rd JEPI, or maybe 1/4ths and adding MSFT. Any good reasons not to do this?

Zzen

Potato del Grande
“Thank you for your service.” Jfc

Pretty much confirms that JeromeBurns is neither hawk nor dove, but just a fucking phony helping out his PE bros.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Bounce didn't last long. The next few weeks could be bumpy.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I'm thinking of rebalancing my ROTH to be basically just 1/3rd SPY, 1/3rd FLPSX, and 1/3rd JEPI, or maybe 1/4ths and adding MSFT. Any good reasons not to do this?
There are 10,000 portfolio variations and I can find good and bad reasons for almost all of them. Your age is a significant variable to any portfolio design and you didn't include it.

That being said I am not going to address your idea specifically but in a bit more general view.

Assuming you are under 50 years old, make a portfolio built around an index (SPY/QQQ/FTEC/DIA/ITOT etc). Weight it 50-75% of your portfolio. Take the cash left over and use it to go overweight stocks that you truly love by owning them individually in addition to the basket weight in the index you hold. Understand the basket of holdings in your chosen index/indexes (yes you can mix SPY and QQQ for instance) and how much overweight you put yourself in any stocks you individually own. Check your weighting once or twice a year and trim if necessary.

When i say stocks you truly love, I refer to monster blue chips with rock solid balance sheets and moats who will be around in 50 years. I like JEPI, but over the long haul you dont need to allocate money to a low-beta fund since SPY/QQQ/ITOT etc will provide you this by riding the tide up and riding it back down. If you are 50+ then capital preservation begins to take on added significance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users