Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Volume at the close was elevated the last 15 minutes. Nothing wrong with letting some steam out. It was orderly, some sectors and stocks still did well.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
I added some CAT. Had a limit order for $105 a share and it popped right at the close.

As for VTIQ, it ended up 23% at the close and then tacked on another 7% in the after hours session so far. In 5 days its went from $13 to $28.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I added some CAT. Had a limit order for $105 a share and it popped right at the close.

As for VTIQ, it ended up 23% at the close and then tacked on another 7% in the after hours session so far. In 5 days its went from $13 to $28.

Congrats on VTIQ!

I picked up some CAT and JPM this week, I like their room for growth at the moment.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Congrats on VTIQ!

I picked up some CAT and JPM this week, I like their room for growth at the moment.
Financials require patience and selectivity right now. Avoid the ones with higher exposure to unsecured debt and the shale industry. JPM is solid long term. I like PYPL but I missed it during the drop and won't pay its current price. I avoid SQ mainly because I think Jack (the CEO) is 1 step above incompetent. It shows in his running of both TWTR and SQ. If he got forced out of either I would like the companies.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
It looks like social media discovered VTIQ/Nikola. It hit $34 and got paused for volatility. 15.5 million shares already traded this morning. I'm up 194% since Monday. I have never caught a comet like this in all my time trading.

• 3Like
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
I take back all the bad shit I said about Robinhood traders. They making me rich, biatch.

Screenshot_20200513-105312_Twitter.jpg

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Residual Tesla effect

I took a look at that company and not really sure how they plan to really take off but it still seems like a decent buy before the Nikola IPO simply because of Tesla blinding the average investor.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Residual Tesla effect

I took a look at that company and not really sure how they plan to really take off but it still seems like a decent buy before the Nikola IPO simply because of Tesla blinding the average investor.

Took a look at the company and technology since there was a lot of buzz that there was a big theoretical step forward ~8 years ago. It's a very interesting technology that I've always thought has the potential to replace the battery with some major issues that need to be solved. There's definitely been progress, but it appears there's still distance to go until it's superior.

The big problem with this company is they are not really on the cutting edge of the technological advances, and the modern hydrogen cell still appears to be inferior to the battery and what appear to be more likely near-term battery advances. It's a very interesting thing, and I can see why it caught the west coast crowd that buys eco-stocks they think will change the world like tsla and beyond meat with hundreds of other examples. At some point in the future Hydrogen cells are likely to become 'the thing', but I'd be surprised if it's within 10 years.

Because Nikola is not at the front of the technology research wise, I don't see any point in a long, but because it attracted that irrational crowd I wouldn't bet against the company. It's another Roberts industries of the stock exchange, but without a elon musk to keep it floating higher than it should forever.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
My understanding is hydrogen will take off at the same time as fusion / g5 nuclear / free energy.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
My understanding is hydrogen will take off at the same time as fusion / g5 nuclear / free energy.

Hydrogen is relatively easy to make, relatively difficult/dangerous to contain. I wont hate on the technology. The potential is there, the technology is getting closer. Unlike fusion, I can see this becoming workable in our lifetimes.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Hydrogen is relatively easy to make, relatively difficult/dangerous to contain. I wont hate on the technology. The potential is there, the technology is getting closer. Unlike fusion, I can see this becoming workable in our lifetimes.

I meant it takes a lot of energy to create the hydrogen used.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It looks like social media discovered VTIQ/Nikola. It hit $34 and got paused for volatility. 15.5 million shares already traded this morning. I'm up 194% since Monday. I have never caught a comet like this in all my time trading.

I’d sell the fuck out of it now lol. I saw you posting about it before it went nuts but was like “hydrogen trucks? Fucking vapor ware” and I still think it is. The price now just seems to be from all the Robin Hooders and not the actual value. I can’t imagine that being a good stock long term, that technology is just hype at the moment.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
my YOLO travel heavy account taking such a sad beating, time for me to step away and think about butterflys and puppy dogs some