Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
so you like brkb long term? good upside on spy if it returns to ath.

I bought BRKB today at $170

Capture.JPG

edit.. Also bought KO. Pretty impressive turn around today, so I ended up buying more than I had planned.

Last edited:

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I had 5 limit orders this morning to buy. Missed on every one of them by less than 25 cents. Now market go up and me no get to buy. Me am sad panda.

View attachment 270188
I got my XOM back at 40.5 this morning then the bounce back. Can't believe I got that lucky. Low stakes compared to you guys, but still felt good. Gas prices been rising steadily all week, probably holding onto them this time.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I got my XOM back at 40.5 this morning then the bounce back. Can't believe I got that lucky. Low stakes compared to you guys, but still felt good. Gas prices been rising steadily all week, probably holding onto them this time.
A win's a win.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
BKRB is my most profitable holding, but I also bought it like 10 years ago. And I only have one share.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

I bought 50 shares of it at 33 and can you believe the devil has tempted me to sell it at times so I can "buy more airline stock to ride to undreamed riches"... so far i've resisted.

Oh and only reason I looked at it was because of these boards, thanks board.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I bought 50 shares of it at 33 and can you believe the devil has tempted me to sell it at times so I can "buy more airline stock to ride to undreamed riches"... so far i've resisted.

Oh and only reason I looked at it was because of these boards, thanks board.
I added to my DAL at the low this morning because... its gotta go up. Its airplanes. Amirite?

Alternative theory: I am an idiot.

Gratz on the XOM. The thing is, there isn't an actual global alternative to oil. Greta bitch can scowl all she wants. Peeps got cars and cars needs gas. Trucks deliver shit and they need diesel. XOM was a good play at that price.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I added to my DAL at the low this morning because... its gotta go up. Its airplanes. Amirite?

Alternative theory: I am an idiot.

Gratz on the XOM. The thing is, there isn't an actual global alternative to oil. Greta bitch can scowl all she wants. Peeps got cars and cars needs gas. Trucks deliver shit and they need diesel. XOM was a good play at that price.

Well two days ago I DID sell my RCL at profit and used that to buy more delta/swa because I originally bought those two airlines too soon and I wanted to lower my cost average some. le sigh, I had to choose DAL/LUV over RCL. A true sophies choice in these troubled times.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well two days ago I DID sell my RCL at profit and used that to buy more delta/swa because I originally bought those two airlines too soon and I wanted to lower my cost average some. le sigh, I had to choose DAL/LUV over RCL. A true sophies choice in these troubled times.
I bought for the exact same reason. Got my cost basis under $30 which I think is doable in the next 3-6 months. Fuck Buffett. Ima make money on this shit.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Like Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes I had 12 limit orders for about $15k total. Not a single one executed and all of them were within .50C of my limit. I was busy working so I didn't really have time to go in and hunt prices down and buy something else despite that.

Sad panda indeed.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Is the cushing storage issue solved or are we going to be in for a hilarious monday?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I put my personal feelings aside and bought some BRK/B. Over the past 2, 3, and 5 year periods it has outperformed the S&P 500. It was down near a 52-week low and I think most of the risk is priced in. He basically bought nothing during March/April with his wad of cash which I feel was flat out dumb. His value style may not fit with today's investing environment but I am willing to give it a spin at its current price. And most everything else I would consider buying is too pricey now or I am maxed out in a particular sector.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Powell saying bad stuff about the economy, all economic news looking like armageddon, but stonks look set to go up.

Apparently all the nerds investing in oil futures have their trucks and storage tanks ready to go too, with WTI still going up into settlement day. I'm curious to see how it all shakes out and if we end up with a lot more people holding into settlement without understanding what that means.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Powell saying bad stuff about the economy, all economic news looking like armageddon, but stonks look set to go up.

Apparently all the nerds investing in oil futures have their trucks and storage tanks ready to go too, with WTI still going up into settlement day. I'm curious to see how it all shakes out and if we end up with a lot more people holding into settlement without understanding what that means.
Capacity actually went the right way the last couple of weeks. Don't bet to heavy on oil tanking. Sources I trust say shorting oil this week could be painful.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Capacity actually went the right way the last couple of weeks. Don't bet to heavy on oil tanking. Sources I trust say shorting oil this week could be painful.

I'm still 100% cash and treasuries, so not betting against much, I just love seeing how things shake out. Tuesday evening is when I've been mentally planning to do a full accounting. Will delve into my investments and figure out where I'm at. My major goal is not to lose money, and with the market situation we're in, I'm happy with anything above 0% growth.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DIS up almost 10% in early trading. I guess rumors of their imminent demise were exaggerated.

DAL up 10%.

• 1Mother of God